Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: In the Halls of the BBC

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

And the great thing is that unlike at TWOP, we're not limited to a single thread for every topic related to the show -- we can create as many threads for each individual pro or celebrity as we need!

So, who's watching, and from where?

Scottsdale, Arizona, USA here.  I'll be watching via YouTube, as always.

By the way, oakgal, are we going to do the survival game in the DWTS forum, or do you think that finally died with Season 17?

Edited by legaleagle53

Glad we have this forum! I'm new to SCD, thanks to Tristan's joining the cast. I live in CT so I will catch the clips on YouTube but I'm already enjoying learning about the show.

Hello!  Strictly is my 'home' show.  I complain about it often, but only because I love it.  

I post on a UK board which can become a little heated at times, so it will be interesting to hear thoughts about the show from a different perspective.

I think it's dead and buried. Not much interest by enough people. I won't even be watching.

That wouldn't have anything to do with today's announcement that Julianne Hough has been added as a fourth judge on the panel, would it?  ;-)

The first series began in May, 2004 (8 couples/8 weeks).  Series 2 started in October the same year.  Since then we've had a once yearly series starting September/October and finishing close to Christmas.  

Is anyone else watching DOI?  I'm hoping that I can catch it later on YouTube if it shows up there, but I'm already following the live tweets on Twitter, and from what I'm hearing so far, the show promises to be even more fun than SCD this year!

On a slightly different note, right now, I'm enjoying our DWTS Juniors. It's light-years better than our main show, and I think our pros are for the most part doing a fantastic job choreographing and mentoring the young celeb kids and their junior pros. I'd love to see Strictly do a Juniors version, and I would hands-down nominate Kevin, Oti, Janette, Pasha, Aljaz, and Karen as pro mentors, with James, Ola, and Anton on the judging panel.  Who would be everyone else's choice if Strictly decided to do a Junior version?

• Love 1