Type keyword(s) to search

CBB14 (2014): Once More, With Apathy

I just saw the opener.

Wow, another time the show wants to mock Americans (well... and one French creature--I'm not sure I can really call something that plastic a "woman") for the fact that they don't know squat about British accents, titles and manners.  How unoriginal.

Edited by Kromm

I've been ignoring this show ever since it got rid of Brian Dowling as the presenter, but since I just found out that James Jordan is going to be a housemate this series, I can't resist -- I've GOT to watch (I'll just fast-forward through the new presenter)!

I was very amused by Emma being caught out by a man with known brain damage getting CONFUSED about his cues.  I suppose she handled it about as well as possible, but he's certainly going to give them all kinds of nightmares inside the house (not just for housemates completing tasks, but misunderstanding even basic instructions from the Big Brother voice and/or producers).

To say this is going to be a disaster would be the understatement of the century.  We probably will have no idea how many times they have to shut down the cameras or isolate the REST of the celebs elsewhere in the house while they send someone in to coax Gary into or out of something.

• Love 1

I was too annoyed by the Summer series to be very excited about this new Celeb series, but then there was this beautiful man named David McIntosh, and then Gary Busey did what Busey does. How can I not watch that?

I was too annoyed by the Summer series to be very excited about this new Celeb series, but then there was this beautiful man named David McIntosh, and then Gary Busey did what Busey does. How can I not watch that?

While Busey won't actually attack anyone with an axe, he's perfectly capable of going into a rage and tossing things around, maybe starting a fire or two, and burning the darn place down.  Or just standing in the middle of a room screaming.  Or, as I said, literally not being able to follow a single production instruction and having to be led in and out of every room, every single time they want to move him along.

Predictably, Gary is the trainwreck/universal bone of contention it was always obvious he would be. They have some of the others being excessively rude to him, but at the same time clearly there are other things Gary barely understands, or cares to understand that (as we've seen from him on other Realty shows) make it near impossible to be around him.

Yeah, I'm getting tired of seeing James and Leslie (especially James) being painted as the villains simply because they refuse to coddle poor widdle Gawwy and instead treat him as the ADD-afflicted five-year-old that he is.  The "joke" comment that Gary made to James that started the whole mess was gross and inappropriate, and the idea that James should have just laughed it off because he would have considered it funny coming from anyone else really rankles me.  Would it have been funny if Gary had told one of the women (including Ellie) or Leslie that he/she looked as though he/she were getting ready to be buttfucked because he/she just happened to be bent over?  I think not -- Gary (and anyone else, for that matter) would rightly have been called a pervert and worse for saying such a thing.

Britain, keep James and Leslie.  Get Gary out!