Type keyword(s) to search

Media for Partner Track

• Start Topic

PartnerTrack.jpg.ffa834aa4a1df0e0440ff839c71ede6e.jpg

The new TV Series "RomCom" Partner Track streaming all 10 Episodes on August 26 on Netflix  is based on a 2013 novel of the name "The Partner Track" by Helen Wan and tells the story of Ingrid Yun, a first-generation Korean American (Netflix) / Chinese-American (Novel) woman and the first lawyer in her family, who strives to become partner at the primarily "white" law firm of Parsons Valentine (Netflix) / Parsons Valentine & Hunt (Novel). Ingrid, more than anything, is an idealist, led by her boundless dreams and dedication to her work. However, her life becomes more and more complicated as her charming ex-boyfriend joins her firm, and an ultra-wealthy new suitor both try and win her over. Throughout all of this, Ingrid is buoyed by her two best friends who can talk her through anything.

Zane Phillips as Hunter, Will Stout as Todd Ames, Nolan Gerard Funk as Dan Fallon, Dominic Sherwood as Jeff Murphy, Arden Cho as Ingrid Yun
ie_90476-850x560.jpeg

Arden Cho plays Ingrid Yun  is whip-smart, fierce, kind, and eager to be the first Asian-American junior partner at Parsons Valentine, an elite white-shoe law firm in Manhattan. As Ingrid bargains and fights her way through these male power structures, she wrestles with what it means to be true to herself.

Dominic Sherwood as Jeff Murphy, with a smooth English accent and even smoother charm, Murphy can talk his way in or out of anything. A mysterious, lateral transfer from Parsons Valentine London, Murphy works to prove himself in New York so that he’s on track for junior partner. Murphy is Ingrid's ex-boyfriend, the new arrival at her work, will he be just a work colleague or rekindled love interest.

Bradley Gibson as Tyler Robinson, a star litigator at Parsons Valentine. Moral, righteous, and level-headed, Tyler is as fabulous in spirit as he is in a suit. Tyler questions his career, his lifestyle, and his love life as he learns what he can and can’t stand for in this cutthroat world. Tyler is one of Ingrid's two best friends at work, both aiming to make partner.

960x0.jpg

Alexandra Turshen as Rachel Friedman, a woman of hedonistic tendencies with a quick mouth. Matter of fact, perceptive, and witty, Rachel makes an incredible litigator and is the life of the party.  Rachel is one of Ingrid's two best friends at work, both aiming to make partner.

Rob Heaps as Nick Laren The most eligible bachelor in NYC and heir to one of the largest venture capital firms in the world, Nick Laren is the city’s high society sweetheart, who falls in love with Ingrid making her life even more complicated than it already is.

Nolan Gerard Funk as Dan Fallon, Ingrid's co-worker born with a Silver Spoon in mouth, gold napkin in hand, he knows which fork to use on cue; Dan is the epitome of privilege and knows it. 

Matthew Rauch as Marty Adler, the top M&A managing partner at Parsons Valentine, Marty is surgical, sharp, and ruthless. He always knows what needs to be done in order to get to the best bottom line for his client, moral or not. Marty is Ingrid's hard-as-nails boss. 

Desmond Chiam plays Zi-Xin “Z” Min, a handsome idealist with a strong sense of right and wrong. His steadfast commitment to the environment might seem overzealous to some, but to Z, integrity is everything. His priorities bring him head-to-head with Ingrid as her client courts his family’s energy company.

FZadBBbXEAEYN1N?format=jpg&name=large

Tehmina Sunny plays Victoria St. Clair, a British hotelier who’s as rich as she is glamorous. Sexy, sophisticated and shrewd, Victoria is one of the law firm’s biggest clients and is used to getting what she wants.

Lena Ahn as Lina, Ingrid’s sister Ingrid’s chaotic, artistic, feminist, social-justice-warrior, Gen-Z sister Lina, who is the first to call out the patriarchy and the bland dudes that she dates.

Roby Attal as Justin Coleman, one of  Ingrid’s co-workers. 

Zane Phillips as Hunter Reed

Will Stout as Todd Ames

Rich Ting as Carter Min

FZadCJ3XEAEDuhS?format=jpg&name=large

• Useful 1

From that interesting interview:

One of the things we want to do is make sure that all the white men aren’t just like one monolithic entity.

I'd say the show didn't do much to distinguish between the white men. They're all douches to one degree or another and none are allies to Ingrid or Tyler. 

14 hours ago, twoods said:

Rachel’s boyfriend is white and wasn’t a jerk

He was a different kind of jerk, IMO. He moved the relationship along really quickly without much regard for how she felt about it, and I felt he was overly possessive: Whenever he saw her talking to another man, he'd hustle over and introduce himself as her boyfriend/fiancé. He also showed up at her law firm with lunch as a "surprise." (Granted, that was more about the plot point of him seeing Rachel and Jeff together, but still.) That guy gave me low-level creeps.

The lawyer who played racquetball with Tyler was okay one on one, but at work with that group, he went along with them. 

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

He was a different kind of jerk, IMO. He moved the relationship along really quickly without much regard for how she felt about it, and I felt he was overly possessive: Whenever he saw her talking to another man, he'd hustle over and introduce himself as her boyfriend/fiancé. He also showed up at her law firm with lunch as a "surprise." (Granted, that was more about the plot point of him seeing Rachel and Jeff together, but still.)

I'm a little torn on Nick.  The thing is, I think he displayed more potential yellow flags that could become a problem than any outright red flags--and then none of them truly came to fruition in a harmful way.  At least not in this season.

He did move things fast but Ingrid agreed to them along the way.  She's 30, independent, a profession, and a lawyer.  At that point, I'd expect a woman to grow out of the "saying yes when I mean no" phase. 

1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

He did move things fast but Ingrid agreed to them along the way.  She's 30, independent, a profession, and a lawyer.  At that point, I'd expect a woman to grow out of the "saying yes when I mean no" phase. 

The show explained that away by having Jane say she had trouble saying no. I really disliked that; it's a cop-out.

6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

The show explained that away by having Jane say she had trouble saying no. I really disliked that; it's a cop-out.

Except I think it aligned with how she was portrayed--at least in relationships.  If it was a cop out, it was her cop out.