Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5, What to Expect?

BlueSkies
  • Start Topic

I think the premiere is getting close enough to start to talk about Season 5.  September 7th.

So Terry Silver pretty much actually it looks like gets his wish from the speech given at the end of KKIII.  He gets to build Cobra Kai dojos all around the county which his teaching lessons.  Chozen as Daniel's right hand man now has the potential imo to be some of the best elements of the series.  

But yeah I would say the creators do a very good job in this series overall of incorporating sentiments of fans of the Karate Kid movies.  Some examples:

I know overtime many fans of the movie didn't feel Daniel was all good and Johnny all bad.  The series kinda evens that out.

Many KK fans couldn't stand KKIII and Terry Silver even addresses this.  I paraphrase but I spent months tormenting a teenager over a karate tournament.  Do you know how insane that sounds!  

Personally I expect a joke again about KKII and KKIII involving Chozen.  Chozen will be like man you beat me to the death but you got all intimidated by this Mike Barnes character.  Really Daniel!  Lol 

• Love 1

From the trailer, it looks like the big rivalry will be between the senseis - Daniel, Johnny and Chozen vs the B-movie bad guys that Silver brings in.

The kids all seem to be carrying on variations of their old rivalries, which may well stop being inter-dojo now they're nearly all in Miyagi-Do. I wouldn't be surprised if even Tory ends up joining by the end of the season.

One thing that will bug me so much - Amanda suddenly becoming a karate expert so she can fight the female sensei that Silver brings in. That will really be a jump the shark moment for a show that has already made it seem like anyone can learn the most advanced karate techniques in a matter of weeks.

10 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

One thing that will bug me so much - Amanda suddenly becoming a karate expert so she can fight the female sensei that Silver brings in.

Yeah, that would not work and I like to think they're smart enough not to do it, but it would be a great set up for a Julie Pierce cameo...

• Love 1
On 8/14/2022 at 5:52 PM, BlueSkies said:

Personally I expect a joke again about KKII and KKIII involving Chozen.  Chozen will be like man you beat me to the death but you got all intimidated by this Mike Barnes character.  Really Daniel!  Lol 

I really want Johnny to be there for this conversation and just be massively confused about Daniel’s relationship with Chozen. Like, “This guy tried to kill you twice, took your girlfriend hostage but now everything’s just fine? What the hell?!”

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

A new trailer it looks just came out

Some thoughts:  Johnny is one of the funniest characters in film or in the movies or whatnot in the past 10 years.  He's basically I think going to be the comic relief of the series.

Terry Silver has gone back to his old self per this.  I'm not sure as in Season 4 if there's things there to like about him

I'm thinking just based on the trailer there's gonna be a Season 6.  Kreese only briefly shows in it.  Gonna I think take at least another season to tie it all together 

On 8/19/2022 at 11:22 AM, bettername2come said:

I really want Johnny to be there for this conversation and just be massively confused about Daniel’s relationship with Chozen. Like, “This guy tried to kill you twice, took your girlfriend hostage but now everything’s just fine? What the hell?!”

It was funny when Daniel explained who Terry Silver was to Johnny.  Johnny just couldn't get over how Daniel was able to go right into the Championship the next year 😅

On 8/19/2022 at 11:22 AM, bettername2come said:

Johnny being confused about things just makes everything better.