Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E16: No Turning Back

• Start Topic

A dangerous list forces Sig to jettison pots or capsize the Northwestern. One wrong move in the narrow False Pass causes Jake and the Saga to hit bottom. There's no accounting for taste when Sean Dwyer devises motivational punishments for greenhorns.

On 8/9/2022 at 9:11 AM, thewhiteowl said:

Sean Dwyer devises motivational punishments for greenhorns.

In Newfoundland, if you kiss the cod and take a drink of Screech you become an honourary Newfoundlander. If you lick the whole fish do you become an honourary Alaskan?

• LOL 1

It was amazing to see the various F/Vs iced over and then a day or so later, completely ice free.  This is not to criticize Sig's decision to dump the pots when he did.  

I'll never understand how the fix for jettisoning entangled rope from the propeller/shaft is to rev it all up as high as possible.  They all do it, so it must be the best option.  

The visuals of the Saga actually making contact with the ocean's bottom were tremendous.  I love it when proactive production elements pay off.  So many shows try to get by with the least possible cost and effort.  This one has always taken pride in pushing the envelope of videography a sea.  Credit where it is due.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

It was amazing to see the various F/Vs iced over and then a day or so later, completely ice free.  This is not to criticize Sig's decision to dump the pots when he did.  

I'll never understand how the fix for jettisoning entangled rope from the propeller/shaft is to rev it all up as high as possible.  They all do it, so it must be the best option.  

The visuals of the Saga actually making contact with the ocean's bottom were tremendous.  I love it when proactive production elements pay off.  So many shows try to get by with the least possible cost and effort.  This one has always taken pride in pushing the envelope of videography a sea.  Credit where it is due.

I think if they go a few degrees south where the spray doesn't freeze on the boat then being as salty as it is the spray could actually help with removing a lot of the ice. We also only get glimpses of the crew removing the ice, not the hours it really takes.

I think they put the propeller in reverse first & rev it to try & untangle it in the same way that pulling on yarn stuck in a vacuum cleaner the opposite way to the way it got there is the first thing you try to untangle it.

• Useful 1