Type keyword(s) to search

Anticipation and Speculation for Celebrity Jeopardy!

• Start Topic

(edited)

It will be interesting to see how similar the clues are in this to those in regular games; the celebrity games/tournaments they used to hold on the regular series featured notoriously dumbed-down clues - thus the SNL skits - but that had changed a fair bit.  (The two-game final of the Million Dollar Celebrity Invitational between Jane Curtin, Cheech Marin, and Michael McKean [who won, making him six out of six in J! appearances] was an outright great battle of brains.)

Since celebrities were allowed to appear more than once on the regular series, I'm sure they're eligible to compete on this.  Sadly, some of my favorite participants have since died, but I'd love to see Curtin, Marin, and McKean again, along with Aisha Tyler, Jane Kaczmarek, Wayne Brady, and Neil Patrick Harris. 

I think we can safely say Wolf Blitzer won't try again after his epic fail in his second appearance, unless he wants to roll the dice and try to redeem himself.

Since they're going to make this a separate, prime time series rather than special episodes of the regular series, they must be planning on doing something different.  Whatever it is, I'll check it out.

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 2

I'd really like to see someone from the PBS NewsHour team.  I don't think they get the recognition they deserve.  Judy Woodruff plans to retire this year and the scuttlebutt is that they are likely to have Amna Nawaz, who often substitutes on weekdays, and Geoff Bennett, who recently started doing weekends, take over.  Maybe this could be an opportunity to give one of them more national exposure?  But really, I'd take any of the people associated with that operation.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, 853fisher said:

I'd really like to see someone from the PBS NewsHour team. 

I'd love that.  I was always hoping Gwen Ifill - whose brother had competed on J! - would do a celebrity game.  And now I miss her anew.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I think episode threads make more sense, since it's a weekly primetime show rather than a show that airs daily and at different times all across markets like the regular series.

Also, this is a tournament, not a typical series of games.  If discussion winds up being just a couple of posts per game, the next tournament (assuming there is one) could just be a "Season Two" thread.  But, for now, I think it makes sense to do an episode thread for each game.

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Bastet said:

I think episode threads make more sense, since it's a weekly primetime show rather than a show that airs daily and at different times all across markets like the regular series.

I agree.

• Like 2

I've updated the thread titles for the next three episodes airing in January. All of this info was found on the official Jeopardy website. I will be away for most of the holidays and pinned two of the eps for visibility. 

• Thanks 2