Type keyword(s) to search

Walker: Independence in the Media: No Taradiddles here, Ma'am

• Start Topic

(edited)

Walker Independence 'Aggressively' Looking for New Home Following CW Cancellation, EP Jared Padalecki Says
By Vlada Gelman / May 10 2023
https://tvline.com/2023/05/10/walker-independence-season-2-cancellation-renewal-update-jared-padalecki/ 

Just one day after The CW cancelled the Walker prequel spinoff, Jared Padalecki — who serves as an executive producer on both shows — tells TVLine that efforts are underway to find the Western drama a new home for Season 2.

“We are aggressively looking for a place that Walker Independence can land,” Padalecki says. He describes the show’s axing after just one season as “unfortunate,” but remains hopeful that it will live on at another outlet. “I think cancelled is maybe the most common word used, but I think a better way to look at it is that Walker Independence will not be on The CW next year.”

“I’m so proud of Walker Independence. It’s such a great show. I think it’s a show that’s needed,” Padalecki adds. “We absolutely are thrilled about the show, proud of the show, and we all feel like it belongs somewhere people can see it. We love the cast. We love the writing. We love the setting. We love the storylines that it’s telling. It’s storylines unlike any other ‘Western’ show on TV or streaming right now.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 3
(edited)

Katherine McNamara On ‘Walker Independence’ Cancellation: “Nothing In This Industry Lasts Forever”
By Armando Tinoco     June 5, 2023
https://deadline.com/2023/06/katherine-mcnamara-walker-independence-cancellation-1235409323/ 

“I found out, you know, one of the showrunners and one of the producers called me, and you know, obviously it’s not, it’s not the call we want to get,” McNamara said during an appearance on The Wayne Ayers Podcast (via Just Jared). “It’s not the news we wanted to hear, but I think the show and the story will always have a special place in all of our hearts.”
Although the series only lasted one season, McNamara said “it was such an incredible experience to get to work on a show and tell a story that meant so much to all of us, and with people who really, we all meant so much to each other.”

She continued, “Nothing in this industry lasts forever and the fact that we can walk away from that story knowing that we did everything we could, and we loved our time doing it and the people we did it with. I think that’s the biggest takeaway.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Sad 1

Katherine McNamara Talks CW’s Walker: Independence Cancellation, Arrowverse Ending, and More
The Wayne Ayers Podcast   Premiered Jun 8, 2023

-- When asked if it's ever been hard to get out of character when she's off set, KM: "When I do play a character for a long time, like the physicality will sometimes stick with me. Um, you know, for example, when I - I had just finished like doing Arrow and then bringing Mia back on The Flash and things like this. And - and for Mia, I had - I had tried to steal little bits of - of physicality and, um, habits and little - little things that Stephen and Emily did, and mush them together to make Mia. Um, and one of the things I did is I learned - or I tried to emulate Stephen's walk, as best I could. You know, he has a very specific way that he walks. And I was like, all right, that's how Mia walks... And then when I went to do Walker: Independence, when you're playing, um, a woman in 1870 - pick a year - um, it really - you really can't walk like a man that is a superhero. Um, it doesn't quite work. So, you know, things like that, where I - I was doing certain scenes and Larry Teng, who was our director of the pilot, would just call out across the field. He'd be like, 'Stop walking with swagger. You gotta walk like a lady.' And I was like, 'God dang it, all right.' Okay. I'm gonna figure out my posture and, you know, change... They get in your bones and they get kind of - and you're living in someone else's skin for so long... That's one of my favorite things about a character, is getting to completely change your physicality and your look and the way you move throughout space, um, to suit that. So, you know, I guess in that sense. But I mostly just try and leave work at work."

Nerding Out with guest Katherine McNamara
Hollywood At Home With The Creative Coalition Jun 6, 2023
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/nerding-out-with-guest-katherine-mcnamara/id1521900273?i=1000615846479 

... In this episode, McNamara discusses her new movie Fool’s Paradise, portraying Mia Smoak in the DC Universe, her stunt experience, her love of ComicCon, wearing a corset for Walker: Independence, and more.

• Applause 1
  • Love 1

‘Walker Independence’ Officially Dead After Efforts To Find New Home Following CW Cancellation Fail
By Denise Petski    June 9, 2023 
https://deadline.com/2023/06/walker-independence-dead-cw-cancellation-new-home-fail-1235412917/ 

It’s final. There will be no second season for Walker Independence. Efforts to find a new home for the CBS Studios-produced Walker spinoff were unsuccessful following cancellation by the CW, sources have confirmed to Deadline.

• Sad 2

KM talked a little bit about Walker: Independence in her recent podcast interview...

-- KM and Katie Findlay had custom-made corsets made for them.

-- KM said that in shooting one scene in the pilot where her character is walking down the street intending to shoot someone, the director Larry Teng yelled out to her, 'Kat, stop walking with so much swag!" She had to learn to walk like a lady and less like a badass superhero. She had to become a "lady" again and relearn things like "posture and decorum."

Exclusive: Oh My Pod U Guys- Corsets and Combat Boots with Katherine McNamara
By: Jayke Workman  Dec. 24, 2023
https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Exclusive-Oh-My-Pod-U-Guys--Corsets-and-Combat-Boots-with-Katherine-McNamara-20231224 

Alternative podcast link:
https://broadwaypodcastnetwork.com/podcasts/oh-my-pod-u-guys/49-corsets-and-combat-boots-with-katherine-mcnamara/51 

• Like 1

Inside Line: Scoop on Fire Country and NCIS: Hawai’i Finales, Homecoming, Elsbeth, FBI, Walker Spinoff Closure, Station 19, a Cancellation and More!
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   APRIL 18, 2024 
https://tvline.com/lists/fire-country-finale-spoilers-domina-cancelled-season-3/ 

Will Abby’s story from Walker Independence get revisited on Walker itself? –Michael
I’ve gotten a lot of emails like this, asking if/when Walker will offer up crumbs of closure for fans of the gone-too-soon spinoff. “We couldn’t get into that this season because that’s sort of a delicate thing, because it was a whole separate show,” Walker showrunner Anna Fricke recently explained to TVLine. “But that was, obviously, a story that we really wanted to tell and keep telling, and we got very invested in the history of those characters. So that’s always a possibility in the future.” On the upside: Next week, we will see Independence vet Justin Johnson Cortez again as Detective Luna, and Matt Barr is set for an encore as Hoyt.