Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E08: Pot of Gold, Heart of Steel

• Start Topic

On the Time Bandit, Johnathan follows a rainbow in search of pots of Golden King Crab. Rip contends with a baffling medical mystery when his greenhorn regains consciousness. Josh and Casey ignore their better judgment and radio Keith for help.

• Thanks 1
(edited)

I have known for a long time that Josh Harris is stupid, lazy, narcissistic, untalented and annoying, but after this episode I am going to add underhanded and shameless to the list.

Josh and Casey called Keith because they were unable to find crab and because their existing alliance with the Time Bandit wasn't paying off.  Keith rightly suspected that the "co-captains" of the Cornelia Marie would somehow screw him over if he took pity on them, but he did it anyway, probably just to be a good guy.

Mere hours later, Keith caught treacherous Josh sharing fishing information with Johnathan on an open channel.  Keith knew immediately that the Cornelia Marie had pulled a fast one on him.   It became obvious that not only were Josh and Casey "two-timing" him with Johnathan, but also that whatever intelligence he shared with them would be passed along to Johnathan and anybody else listening in.

Understandably, Keith decided to end the hours-old partnership.   And when Josh called looking for a hot tip, Keith balked.

As always happens on this show when one party reports no crab action to another, the other party become suspicious and checks the first party's activities on radar.   When dull-witted Josh realized Keith was indeed on some crab, he became indignant like HE was the victim, HE had been wronged, and HE deserved satisfaction -- even though HE and Casey were the ones who violated the spirit of the partnership.   In a spasm of self-righteousness they call Keith expecting to shame him, but instead Keith reads them the riot act and spells out exactly how they fucked up.

Burned, right there on national TV.

But does Josh do the right thing?  Does he apologize?  Of course not.    Josh plots vengeance on Keith by setting on top of his string.   And recruits Johnathan to do the same.   And Casey goes right along with it, both of them still pretending they own the moral high ground.

I used to think Casey had more integrity.   In the past it seemed like he was paid to tolerate Josh's presence, but never bought into his bullshit.   Now it seems the years of close proximity have broken him down.   Now Casey seems like second banana to Josh, and acts like it too. 

I'm starting to hate this fucking show.

Edited by millennium
  • Fire 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, millennium said:

I used to think Casey had more integrity.   In the past it seemed like he was paid to tolerate Josh's presence, but never bought into his bullshit.   Now it seems the years of close proximity have broken him down.   Now Casey seems like second banana to Josh, and acts like it too. 

Once Casey was on the stupid Bloodlines I knew he was as big a fame strumpet as Josh.   He will go along with anything Josh does as long as he gets attention for it.

But yeah, Josh can't find crab on his own -- no matter how many times he says he learned secrets for finding them from the "Old Man."   

What made this episode worse -- Harley's baaaaaack.    Like geez.   We didn't need his feckless scheming we already got Josh.  

Which we don't NEED all this made up shit on this show.   The fishery being shut down for the first time in AGES and the boats trying to find alternatives to one of their most lucrative seasons was drama enough.   But noooooooo we got have stupid stuff like the CM putting their pots right on top of the Wizards.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I can't remember which egotistical captain knew he had someone placing and roping pots on deck who had no clue, and then saw the entire arrangement shifting dangerously.  Whomever it was would be directly responsible if tragedy had struck.  If I were on that crew, I'd be hella pissed at him.  

The CM/Wizard kerfuffle is but the latest treachery depicted.  I have not understood for years why they keep creating these temporary alliances expecting honest dealing.  Genuine insanity, that is.  I did particularly enjoy the look on Harris' face right as Keith described what he had pulled.  It wasn't anger.  It was shame - "BUSTED."  Of course, he quickly recovered and transferred blame.  A chip off the ol' block, that one.

Given that they all can track each other's movements, why was Keith "surprised" when Harris and Casey called and accused him of lying?  He HAD to know they had sailed to that string location well before the call - especially since he did not trust them.  Disco gonna Disco.

• Like 1