Type keyword(s) to search

All Abuzz: Swarm in the Media

• Start Topic

Executive Producer Donald Glover asked Malia Obama to be one of the writers for a new TV Series from writer Janine Nabers in production for Prime Video an "Untitled Project" tentatively entitled "Hive".

Hive is about a "Beyoncé-like figure" played by Dominique Fishback.  Chlöe (previously known as Chlöe Bailey) and Damson Idris are also starring in the project. Production is currently slightly behind schedule, but is hoping to wrap shortly.

Yeah, the first reports of the project, under a different name, were all abuzz (ha!) because Malia Obama was hired to be a writer on the show.  But as far as content, it was supposed to be about the Beyonce-like figure herself.  That was about a year ago.  But since then it seems like they've re-tooled it, gone darker and now centered it around a crazy stan.  Not what I was expecting, LOL. but I like Dominique Fishbeck and I keep her projects on my radar.

• Useful 1