Type keyword(s) to search

Nordic Noir: Suggestions

• Start Topic

Hey all, I'm looking for more Nordic/Scandi-noir fare to binge, and I think I'm running out of titles. So far I've watched:

• The Bridge (all 4 seasons)
  • Trapped (2 seasons)
  • Bordertown/Sorjonen
  • Deadwind
  • The Valhalla Murders
  • Ragnarok (not really NN, but close enough)
  • Lilyhammer (one season - wasn't a fan)
  • Broadchurch and Shetland (Not nordic but the same feel)
  • Borderliner
  • Fallet (I truly hated this one)
  • Beat-cop procedural Roba (Please release S3, Amazon!)
  • and my favourite nordic show of all time, Beforeigners, a magnificent time-travel Norweigan drama.

Any more that I must add to this list? I'm especially fond of Finnish works.

Yes, I saw it was available but haven't had the chance to watch it yet (very busy time of year for me). I will certainly check out the others you mentioned. Seems like there's not as much in this genre coming out as there was a few years ago unfortunately.

I loved 'The Chestnut Man' and am looking for similar series to watch - Nordic.

On 5/24/2022 at 4:42 PM, MargeGunderson said:

@NJRadioGuy - Wisting, The Chestnut Man, Black Spot, Capitani, The Forest.  The last three aren’t Nordic but in a similar vein. I just noticed that there is a new Bordertown - Mural Murders (looks like a movie, not a series). I loathed both Fallet and Lilyhammer. 

The only one I've seen is 'The Chestnut Man' which I really loved (for some reason).  What are some similar ones to watch? in the same genre?  I just started watching the Killing which has 4 seasons; not sure what to expect yet. 

On 5/10/2022 at 6:27 PM, NJRadioGuy said:

Hey all, I'm looking for more Nordic/Scandi-noir fare to binge, and I think I'm running out of titles. So far I've watched:

• The Bridge (all 4 seasons)
  • Trapped (2 seasons)
  • Bordertown/Sorjonen
  • Deadwind
  • The Valhalla Murders
  • Ragnarok (not really NN, but close enough)
  • Lilyhammer (one season - wasn't a fan)
  • Broadchurch and Shetland (Not nordic but the same feel)
  • Borderliner
  • Fallet (I truly hated this one)
  • Beat-cop procedural Roba (Please release S3, Amazon!)
  • and my favourite nordic show of all time, Beforeigners, a magnificent time-travel Norweigan drama.

Any more that I must add to this list? I'm especially fond of Finnish works.

I am too - after watching 'The Chestnut Man' - I really liked that one...are there any series that are similar?

I’m super late to this, but like the Nordic list. I did watch a few of these and particularly liked Border Town and The Chestnut Man. There’s another one that I really liked but I’ll  have refresh my memory.