Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Bent

• Start Topic

As Mickey attempts to track down the source of a possible bribe, he meets with Lara's former colleague, revisits an old case and does a favor for Maggie.

Original airdate 5/13/22

• Love 1

I've made it as far as this episode and have some general comments:

1. Big thumbs up for the location shooting. For once everything is actually in LA (even downtown) and not in Vancouver or Toronto. I used to work downtown in the Civic Center area so it's kind of fun seeing all of those places.

2. I don't know if they're using soundstages or the real thing for the courtroom scenes, but if it's the latter--they are doing an amazing job. I had jury duty last month in downtown LA (Criminal Courts Building) and the lobby areas and the courtrooms looked very realistic.

3. What was with all of those scenes of Micky and Izzy driving on some lonely highway in what appears to be the desert? I thought it was going to somehow tie in with his visit to Jesus Menendez at the prison in Calipatria--but then there weren't any of those scenes in the lead-up to that meeting. Why else would they be driving on those highways, which are at least two hours from LA?

4. The actors playing Cisco and Det. Griggs have very distinctive and difficult-to-hear voices. I couldn't understand either of them without closed-captioning.

5. Jamie McShane (Det. Lankford) was a regular as the medical examiner on "Murder In the First," which this series reminds me of. (He was also a regular on "Bosch.")

• Useful 2