Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E17: Hate Me Now

• Start Topic

Spencer and Olivia are forced to acknowledge how much they have changed after some quality time together doesn't go smoothly putting a strain on their relationship. On a road trip to San Diego, Jordan helps Layla to gain the courage to get the closure she needs. Asher turns to Billy for advice after he gets a big opportunity that might cost him more than he bargained for when it comes to his friendships. Meanwhile, Coop and Patience come to an agreement on how to navigate their new situation.

Airdate: 05/02/2022

I always found it odd that two players and a player and aspiring coach from rival schools were allowed to live together, but now that we know that they're actually playing each other this season (which I sort of figured would happen), it's even more ridiculous.  And Coach Mr. Montes obviously knew about it, if not Spencer's coach.  Even though the guys themselves could all be trusted, there's always the possiblility of a visiting teammate stealing the other school's playbook or something.  I hope that the rift between Spencer and Asher won't be healed by Jamie dying or something.  This show likes to go to the tragedy well often, like when Beverly and South Crenshaw supported each other for Spencer after Coop was shot.

Spencer and Olivia's relationship is back on track...until next week, probably.  It would be creative to let them stay together and keep navigating things and leave Jordan and Layla as friends, so neither will probably happen.  It's nice that Carrie is doing well (though she was quite annoying last season), but kind of sad that she now seemed to be more stable and self-confident than Layla!  I hope that hearing her words will help Layla though.

Jordan is right that he was stupid to challenge Wade, though he said it in the heat of the moment because Wade is a huge tool.  Jordan was being rather dramatic about not getting to play as a true freshman walk-on, though part of it was of course getting a taste of what could be with the one appearance (plus Spencer getting attention again now).  Jordan is already in position to play when d-bag leaves for the NFL after the season, or could transfer if he doesn't get the job.  But of course everything has to be instantaneous, even though the show has been renewed.

Some break-up/dating drama is very mild compared to what Coop usually goes through, so it seems light and fluffy in comparison.

• Love 1

Is Layla in therapy? I can't remember if it was ever part of her story, or maybe it's been mentioned and is happening offscreen. 

Because, OMG, she's just so annoying! She clearly needs help. Everyone's on eggshells around her because no one ever knows when sh'es going to off.

It's exhausting.

• Love 1