Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E18: 11 Finalists Perform

• Start Topic

Harry just dissed Randy Jackson!  Awesome!  Also loving the contestants mocking each other.  That was pretty clever comedy for this show.

Heh, and now they just mocked John Travolta's Adele Dazeem moment.  Where has this snarky version of the show been all these years?

Majesty basically did a high school talent show version of "Let It Go," and the judges seemed like they wanted to criticize it, but each of them ran up to it, then stopped short.  I have to wonder if there's some producer manipulation going on there.  Cause that was weird, especially with Harry.

Caleb may as well have dropped the mic after that performance.  I haven't seen anyone school their fellow contestants that thoroughly since the days of Adam Lambert.

No, Harry.  You did not say this was your "favorite" group of contestants ever, you said they were the "best" group of contestants ever. Nice revisionist history there dude.

So, I guess they're setting Malaya up to win?  I don't think that will end well.

• Love 1

Majesty just doesn't have the voice for the songs she tries to sing. When she goes for the glory notes, she's always sharp and she doesn't have the vocal range. When she sings notes in her range, she sounds good. I don't know why someone backstage isn't helping her more with song choice.

One thing I like about this season is that there are a lot of fucking weirdos. Talented weirdos, but Alex and MK and even Caleb are just weird.

Malaya is good, but young. She might have been better off waiting a year or two before auditioning.

I think what the judges were trying to tell Ben is that he comes up as smug. I think he's got a great voice but he's got this layer of smug and he needs to lose it.

I really like Alex but I can't see him winning this competition. He's the one whose album I would listen to, though. I like Caleb too, but he's got such a great instrument in his voice, and I'd like to hear him sing something that's not a huge rock ballad just to see what he could do with it.

• Love 1

So, I guess they're setting Malaya up to win?

Thank God I was on a plane for this performance because if that's the vibe it gave off, I may have to re-quit the show. Though based on her performances prior to tonight, I find that ending very difficult to envision.

@Kim, I'm with you on Alex, but he looks like a hipster vole, and I wish that weren't a problem, but that's not the world we live in.

Sarah--I could be wrong about Malaya, and Lord knows I hope I am, but they let her do a power ballad in the pimp spot last night, which I don't think they would do unless they think she at least has a shot at winning.  And I have to say she wasn't totally terrible.  I know, because I was hoping she would be and was disappointed.  I mean, she's no Jennifer Hudson, but for her age she was decent on such a big song.

I think Malaya is going to be a star of some kind. She has an energy I can't discount, but -- with the understanding that I didn't see the performances last night -- she has consistently been all over the place with pitch, not "hearing" songs emotionally, and young in general, and that's not a bad thing; it's appropriate. But if she had come in in three years, she'd have owned it from wire to wire. I just think right now she's very unfocused.

• Love 1