Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: Liberation

jewel21
  • Start Topic

After finally getting a handle on his football schedule, Spencer must figure out how to balance everything mentally before it costs him. Billy is settling into his new role and finds inspiration from an unlikely source to fight for the job permanently. Olivia and Jordan go on a mission to find Olivia's sponsor when she goes missing. JJ introduces Asher to his coach with the hopes that he can get a student job with the team, but it turns out to be harder than expected. Meanwhile, Layla feels the pressure to step up her game in the music business.

Airdate: 03/14/2022

It's nice that Spencer and Olivia worked things out in the end, but I hope that they aren't going to have them clash every episode to build up to a big break-up.  I liked how J.J.'s advice actually proved useful, but was still confusing at the same time.  The press release person for the CW obviously got mixed up between Olivia's sponsor and the girl she is sponsoring.  I was worried from the press release that something had happened to Joy.  That Isaiah guy that the coach likes so much seems so tiny for a D-1 player.

I don't really understand what is going on with the absent Coop's storyline.  I'm guessing they think she purposely shot Mo as revenge for trying to plant drugs on her bus, not in self-defense like she claimed.  (Even though they should have known about the drug thing long ago since they tried to arrest Coop for it at the time.)  It would have made sense for them to say they didn't think Coop did it and were looking for the actual shooter, but then they couldn't have yet another "Coop might go to prison" story.  I like Preach helping tutor the kids, but I fear something will happen to him because he isn't a regular.

Laura's excitement about moving to G.W.'s house because she can have a bathroom again was funny.  I hope that JoJo (still don't know the character's name) encouraging Layla will have a positive influence on her, not cause her to be even more over the top than she was in some of the other episodes.  Asher watching film for "Coach Mr. Montes" was not that interesting, but at least he didn't hesitate to take the manager's job.

This storyline with Spencer and his Head Coach not liking him has got to be one of the dumbest things this show has ever done.  First of all, Spencer was an "All American" High School player, thus the name of the show.  The idea that the Head Coach of his college team doesn't even know his name is laughable.  His Head Coach not wanting him to be there is absurd.  Again, he was an All American, one of the best and most sought after players in the country.  That Coach would have been ecstatic to be getting a Player as good as Spencer is supposed to be. 

In addition, if the Head Coach doesnt want a player, or prefers another player at the same position, the Head Coach ultimately makes that decision.  There would never be a scenario where a player is brought in against a Head Coaches decision, AND in place of a player that the Head Coach actually wanted.  I just dont get why they are continuing this stupid narrative, its laughable.  Just to give Spencer another obstacle to overcome?  The dead father, gunshot wound, Layla/Olivia, Coop death threats, Beverly break in suspension, and all that other stuff isnt enough.  We really have to make the dude's coach not like or want him, or even know his name?  

Come on...

• Love 2

Olivia is the sponsor yet she got mad that Spencer couldn't drop his day of school and football for her missing sponsor girl?

Spencer was right not to do that. This isn't high school. 

I find it beyond illogical that anyone would invite all these girls to live in their house like it's a sorority then leave your own Beverly Hills mansion to them to move to Crenshaw. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Artsda said:

I find it beyond illogical that anyone would invite all these girls to live in their house like it's a sorority then leave your own Beverly Hills mansion to them to move to Crenshaw. 

This show left logic behind a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I thought at first (when Laura was ranting about lack of space/privacy) that maybe the plan was to ask Coop and Patience to move into G.W.'s house.  Of course, it also makes so much sense for an 18-year-old couple that are fighting all the time to decide to live together, regardless of how pushy Coop's mom is.