Whimsy
  • Start Topic

CBS bio

Name: Rocksroy Bailey
Hometown: Brooklyn, NY
Current Residence: Las Vegas, NV

Favorite Hobbies: Playing with my kids, basketball, camping and golf

3 Words to Describe You: Thankful, calm – except when driving--and faithful

Pet Peeve: Drivers who do not use their turn signal. Someone who thinks they know everything.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? I’m most proud of my family. Also being the first in my immigrant family to graduate from a four-year college. Always being faithful to my wife, kids, family and friends.

What is something we would never know from looking at you? I’m an environmental scientist. I’m Jamaican. I have been to over 20 countries. I love watching golf.

Who is your hero and why? My hero has been, and always will be, my mom. She raised me in the heart of Brooklyn during a time of crack cocaine, murder and poverty. With her love and help, I am the man I am today.

Which past Survivor will you play the game most like? John Cochran. He understood his weakness the second time around and it strengthened him to compete and win.

Why do you believe you can be the Sole Survivor? Because I’ll never forget what I’m playing for – my family and the money. The sum of which would be a life-changing amount for my family.

image.jpeg.7b2f3771c0e199924dd6d5dbe5507fb2.jpeg

I don’t think I’ve ever been so back and forth on a contestant in such a short time frame.  I went from hoping he’d be safe after they lost the challenge, to almost hoping he’d get voted off.  I didn’t like his whole ‘stick to the plan!’ once Swati came up with Zach’s name, and didn’t seem to entertain any other ideas. His whole taking charge and bossing people around is going to get old.  

• Love 3
On 3/2/2022 at 10:17 PM, awaken said:

He seems cool. Hope he does well. 

Like him less now that I've watched him on the show.  Not awful, but just not as compelling as he seemed in the pre-season.

• Love 1

https://youtu.be/O6oNv_ixKb8

Another interview with Rocksroy.  He wished Mike had given him a heads up about the vote, and thought they had enough of a bond that he would have, so he was surprised at his boot.

He doesn't think the men's alliance was his downfall.  He also said he wanted to include Drea in the mens alliance, and the whole point of the alliance was to increase his social game (he mostly wanted to build trust and bonds with people who thought would be targets).

He wouldn't do anything differently if he played again.  

He likes Jonathan and has nothing against him, but agrees he needed to do more listening, less talking at TC last night.

Honestly, I like Rocksroy a lot more in interviews.  I think Tori hit the nail on the head when she said he was misunderstood.

• Love 4