Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: ISSUE #207: World Without Mom

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

Thoughts...

I would find Nicole’s good-bye video more teary if I really believed they were going to kill her off, but I don’t.

Dion riding his bike and not caring was sad. I don’t know if they’re writing this plot well. I just don’t feel that Nicole is dying.

Love the BIONA head of board reading that slime guy for filth and letting him know he’s fired.

Ugh, I do understand where Simone is coming from. And she’s making the decisions a lot of people would probably do in real life. (We all think we can be heroic, but most of us will choose pragmatism and self-preservation). But I’m just so tired of her high-handedness over her daughter. She never listens to her. She’s never taken the time. She shuts her down all the time and it’s exhausting. Janelle exploding out of that car to get away from her mother managed to be both dramatic and funny.

Mr Kwame being such a drama queen as always is one of the lowkey highlights of this season. The entire school play/musical B plot has been great. A nice balance against the heavier stuff and gave me some belly-aching laughter.

When Nicole said “you do clean up good” to Tevin, I was LOL, “when does he not look good?” That man would look good caked in mud. (drools at the mental image).

So because Pat selfishly injected himself with the strains, Nicole’s cure got hijacked. Pat stays being the worst part of this show.

OK, the music selections for this show SLAPS. That outro was insane.

• Love 1

Janelle's mom didn't want to deal with the powers, but she also didn't want to deal with Janelle's interest in boys. She was so freaked out about keeping her safe that she was totally shut down to everything else.

But who was that boy? What was he doing at BIONA? I wish we knew who he was because I don't think they let just any old kid off the street hang out in the hallways. I guess it didn't matter, they were more interested in other aspects of the story, but it was kind of funny to me how they inserted a teen romance into the show almost like they only did it because someone told them they had to. Most shows are the opposite-- they load everything up with romantic plots and let them take over. So, ha! Nice break from that formula.

A lot of trouble could have been averted if Nicole had been honest with Dion about the danger earlier, especially after they had that conversation about how she wasn't really sorry, she was just sorry she got caught. She made the same mistake again nearly immediately. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, possibilities said:

But who was that boy? What was he doing at BIONA?

He was so random. He looked like he was wearing a uniform and was one of the staff. But then his dad was randomly there? And then he's still wearing that outfit at the school play so it's not a uniform? I liked the little I saw of him and Janelle but I wish there had been a bit more back-story for him.

3 hours ago, possibilities said:

A lot of trouble could have been averted if Nicole had been honest with Dion about the danger earlier, especially after they had that conversation about how she wasn't really sorry, she was just sorry she got caught. She made the same mistake again nearly immediately. 

Exactly. It surprised me too.

• Love 1