Type keyword(s) to search

Star Wars Spoilage

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

I guess this is the best place for this but since it concerns another show I'm still putting it in spoiler tags.

Spoiler

I'm a bit miffed about Ahsoka's appearance in Bobba Fett episode 6. Clearly she and Luke know each other by that point but we never got to see their first meeting which should have been quite interesting with an uncertain outcome. Not sure if we ever get to see it in this show because of the timeframe and now it's kind of a moot plot point anyway. I also want to see her meeting Obi Wan at one point and that should be truly epic. Now I'm worried that's never going to happen or will be dealt similarly.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MissLucas said:

I guess this is the best place for this but since it concerns another show I'm still putting it in spoiler tags.

Spoiler

Yes. It was very disappointing that we didn't get to see the conversation(s) between Luke and Ahsoka that took place before those which we were shown in The Book of Boba Fett. Ahsoka knew Anakin Skywalker as a young man. In some ways, she was closer to Anakin than Obi-Wan was! And, she knew Luke's mother well too! Ahsoka could answer so many questions that Luke must have about his parents; questions that Obi-Wan would not answer for him.

From your post here, I can't tell whether or not you've watched The Clone Wars animated series. If you have not, it's well worth your time. In that series,, Ahsoka knew Obi-Wan very well in his younger days. Perhaps the paths of these two characters will cross again during the Kenobi series.

Edited by ProudMary
  • Love 2

I've watched Clone Wars and Rebesl

Spoiler

that's why I think Ahsoka meeting Obi-Wan for the first time after Order 66 (if they do meet at all) and later Luke should be a big deal. It still can happen though 🤷‍♀️

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MissLucas said:

I've watched Clone Wars and Rebesl

Hide contents

that's why I think Ahsoka meeting Obi-Wan for the first time after Order 66 (if they do meet at all) and later Luke should be a big deal. It still can happen though 🤷‍♀️

We're on the same page then. I completely agree that it should be a big deal. I hope they make it happen. 

• Love 1

I'm not sure meeting Kenobi is that big a deal that needs to happen. She wasn't close to him, and he really wasn't defending her at all leading up to her walking away. I wouldn't be surprised if they never met. Maybe he will approach her as a ghost. 

Meeting Luke clearly did happen and the show already showed they can have those scenes. 

Looking at it the other way from Luke having questions, I would think she'd want to hear how Luke redeemed Anakin, since she couldn't, and she clearly has some guilt as to his fall. 

• Like 1

I want all the things to happen, but Ahsoka being ticked at Kenobi and not wanting anything to do with him is a reasonable take. That's why I think a force ghost encounter might be a better fit. I don't necessarily see her seeking him out, whereas I think she would want to seek out Luke. 

I would find her and Luke more interesting for the reasons you mentioned about their Clone War adventures to her wondering about how he was really able to bring him back. To be fair, she was one of two people to crack Vader's helmet and have "Anakin" speak to her after being in the suit. 

• Useful 1

Do 

1 hour ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I want all the things to happen, but Ahsoka being ticked at Kenobi and not wanting anything to do with him is a reasonable take.

Just curious - is that what happened? I admit I dropped out of Kenobi's show once I realized we got another grumpy old man must- take care of feisty kid story. Was there anything in his show about Ahsoka at all or is this just conjecture? Their relationship was never that intense so it's a valid read I guess.

• Like 1

She wasn't mentioned in the Kenobi show. You should at least watch the final battle. 

I meant that they were never really friendly in the Clone Wars series, and when she was accused of whatever led her to leave the order, he was more in a position to speak up for her and Anakin to the Council, and he never really did, nor give her the benefit of the doubt. Anakin was young to have a padawan, and Kenobi being his master was more in a position to influence the council. He saw firsthand that she was wrecking it all over the place. 

Anakin was all "I proved your innocence, you can come back now!" she was more disappointed in him and actually sad because they actually had a closer relationship. 

So my point was that in her early post-Council career as Fulcrum (one of the greatest television reveals of all time), she was busy starting the Rebellion, and he was off hiding in the cave. She's not really motivated to seek him out at that point. He's gone by Yahvin. Would she have happened to be on Tatooine during that period? Doubtful. I would see an encounter in this post-ROTJ period as a force ghost more likely.

In this post-ROTJ period, we know she knows where Luke is and has interacted with him. I would think she would be motivated to seek out Luke because of all the questions you posed. And maybe even to apologize. In the end, because of Luke, she gets Anakin back. 

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 1