Type keyword(s) to search

Wordle

GaT
  • Start Topic

Just kind of curious. I've been hearing all about Wordle so I thought I would check it out to see, & I got the word on the 2nd try. I have no idea if this is unusual or not since you get 6 tries. Anybody else doing it?

Since I did this at 12:30AM on 1/27/22 I'm going to put what I did in spoiler tag so I don't ruin it for someone else.

Spoiler

I put in the word MOUSE, & the first 3 were correct & in the right place, and the only other word that came to mind was MOUNT, so I changed the last 2 letters & it was correct.

5 hours ago, GaT said:

Just kind of curious. I've been hearing all about Wordle so I thought I would check it out to see, & I got the word on the 2nd try. I have no idea if this is unusual or not since you get 6 tries. Anybody else doing it?

Since I did this at 12:30AM on 1/27/22 I'm going to put what I did in spoiler tag so I don't ruin it for someone else.

Hide contents

I put in the word MOUSE, & the first 3 were correct & in the right place, and the only other word that came to mind was MOUNT, so I changed the last 2 letters & it was correct.

You got lucky on that one.  I feel proud of myself when I get it in 3.  This puzzle took me 5 tries.  Your first word is a good one.  I need to remember that one and employ it next week.  I try to change up my first word everyday usually with different vowels than what was in the puzzle the day before.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

You got lucky on that one.  I feel proud of myself when I get it in 3.  This puzzle took me 5 tries.  Your first word is a good one.  I need to remember that one and employ it next week.  I try to change up my first word everyday usually with different vowels than what was in the puzzle the day before.

So using the same first word every time isn't a good thing to do? Do people just use random words, or should I be looking for a word with lots of vowels?

3 hours ago, GaT said:

So using the same first word every time isn't a good thing to do? Do people just use random words, or should I be looking for a word with lots of vowels?

You can devise a strategy where you use the same word every time, a word specifically chosen to maximize the 5 most common letters in the alphabet or something like adieu with 4 vowels.  I do not.  I am not built that way.  I chose a different word each day in the hopes that I can get it in one.  

I have been playing for a couple of weeks now, and I have been able to get the word everyday except one.  That was my first time playing and I learned real quick that repeat letters are a thing when I failed to guess banal.  

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

You can devise a strategy where you use the same word every time, a word specifically chosen to maximize the 5 most common letters in the alphabet or something like adieu with 4 vowels.  I do not.  I am not built that way.  I chose a different word each day in the hopes that I can get it in one.  

I have been playing for a couple of weeks now, and I have been able to get the word everyday except one.  That was my first time playing and I learned real quick that repeat letters are a thing when I failed to guess banal.  

OK, thanks for the info. Maybe I'll try it a few more times & see if I like it. 

That's just wrong.  Wordle should be played as a lonely quest - just you against the machine.  To increase your streak and do better than your friend/son/brother/daughter/spouse/co-worker/random person on the internet.

But I did get a 1 once!