Type keyword(s) to search

[In Dev] Justice U

• Start Topic

"After spending years fighting alongside masked heroes, John Diggle embarks on a new mission to recruit five young meta humans to live undercover as freshmen at a prestigious university. There he will oversee their education and train them to become the heroes of tomorrow.”

https://tvline.com/2022/01/13/david-ramsey-star-justice-u-series-cw-diggle/

Should it go to series, David will direct the pilot. 

This is definitely a step down for The Arrowverse adaption's...

• Useful 1
33 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

This is definitely a step down for The Arrowverse adaption's...

I'm sayin'.

This sounds a little cheesy even by CW standards. If it's between this and Gotham Knights, I'm betting on Gotham Knights.

The Deadline article mentions that Ramsey has an overall deal with Berlanti Productions, which is the main reason why he's still been around the Arrow-verse directing and guest-starring.

(It's sucks that Berlanti & co. teased everyone for years, but clearly DC never gave approval for Diggle to be Green Lantern.)

Edited by Trini
23 minutes ago, Trini said:

I'm sayin'.

This sounds a little cheesy even by CW standards. If it's between this and Gotham Knights, I'm betting on Gotham Knights.

The Deadline article mentions that Ramsey has an overall deal with Berlanti Productions, which is the main reason why he's still been around the Arrow-verse directing and guest-starring.

(It's sucks that Berlanti & co. teased everyone for years, but clearly DC never gave approval for Diggle to be Green Lantern.)

David is like the new Katie or Bamford lol. I guess he's the best of both, gets to direct and act. I wonder if Bamford had a falling out with Berlanti productions....when was the last time he's directed anything for the Arrowverse? 

But of all the shows...they couldnt do an Argus show that is a light knock off of Suicide Squad and just called something else? Diggle playing teacher to a bunch of young 20somethings is not where the imagined the character going after Arrow.

• Love 1

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on CSI: Vegas, Ghosts, Blood & Treasure, The Orville, the Walker Prequel, WWDITS and More
By Matt Webb Mitovich / June 1 2022
https://tvline.com/lists/csi-vegas-bigger-season-2/

Is there any word on The CW’s Justice U show starring David Ramsey? I know the network is in a bit of flux right now, but I am hoping that the show is not officially dead as it seemed like an interesting way to continue Diggle’s story. –Brian
You should “dig” this news, Brian, as I am told that Justice U is still in development at the network.

Matt's Inside Line: Get Scoop on 9-1-1, Vampire Academy, Justice U, Leverage, Stargirl, The Rookie, L Word and More
By Matt Webb Mitovich / October 4 2022
https://tvline.com/lists/911-season-6-spoilers-buck-married-couple-proposal/the-flash-justice-u-good-trouble/

Any newer updates on Justice U, given all the changes going on at The CW and Warner Bros. [Discovery]? –Greg
David Ramsey told us just this past Saturday night (at a gala honoring Greg Berlanti’s mom and benefitting F–k Cancer) that “we’re on the second draft of a script, and we just closed the deal on a writer. I’m not sure I can say her name, so I won’t, but we’re very close to submitting our second draft. It’s still in development, and we’re moving forward.”

1 hour ago, tv echo said:

It’s still in development, and we’re moving forward.”

Good for him, but to me, it looks like CW is out of the superhero business after this season, and I doubt another network would greenlight this series. Not even HBO Max.

Justice U: David Ramsey Teases "Good Stuff" in the Works for Arrowverse Spinoff
By NICOLE DRUM - December 4, 2022
https://comicbook.com/dc/news/justice-u-david-ramsey-teases-good-stuff-in-the-works-for-arrowverse-spinoff/ 

While there are a lot of questions about the future of programming on The CW in the wake of Nexstar's ownership of the network, it seems like fans might not want to give up on Justice U just yet. David Ramsey, who is set to direct and star in the potential Arrowverse spinoff series that "good stuff is in the works" for the project, but that he can't be too specific on details just yet. The actor made the comments on a recent Instagram post, replying to fan questions both about Justice U and about why his Arrow character John Diggle/Spartan rejected the glowing green ring.

"I know.. and thank you and everyone else for sticking with us," Ramsey wrote in response to a fan noting that it's been a rough few months with various DC cancellations. "The smoke is clearing. Can't be specific just yet but good stuff is in the works…"

In another comment, Ramsey said that the reason Diggle didn't accept the ring was "A LONG story. But.. Stay tuned.."

• Useful 1