Type keyword(s) to search

Harry Potter: Hogwarts Tournament Of Houses - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Did anyone else watch this show? We really enjoyed nerding out with the trivia questions, and casting Helen Mirren as the host (so she could finally add Potter to her extensive list of credits) and Luke Youngblood in a quasi-Lee Jordan role were wonderful choices!

• Love 4

I really enjoyed it and Dame Helen was terrific, though I'm a bit bummed out that Slytherin fell short. I also realized that I wouldn't have done that well since they asked so many film questions and I quit those after the fourth film (I'm still salty about the lack of Blast-Ended Skrewts and a Sphynx in the maze task).

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Popples said:

I really enjoyed it and Dame Helen was terrific, though I'm a bit bummed out that Slytherin fell short. I also realized that I wouldn't have done that well since they asked so many film questions and I quit those after the fourth film (I'm still salty about the lack of Blast-Ended Skrewts and a Sphynx in the maze task).

And I'd have loved to hear them ask, "In the BOOK, who provided Harry with the gillyweed before the second challenge in the TriWizard Tournament?"

Yep.  I nerded out the whole thing.  There were some questions where I knew the answer before the question was finished.  LOL.

• Love 3

It was funny how some of the questions seemed so much harder than the others. We were hoping that someone would choose the "Riddikulus" spell question at some point, and were surprised that so many chose "Accio" -- which of these couches was the actual one used for the Granger house set, really?  😄

Edited by tkc
  • Love 5

I watched it and I was amazed that I guessed the right answers in the book excerpt questions (i.e. when the celebrity reads a passage of the book and leaves the last word for the contestants to guess). I haven't even read some of those books in a while, but I still remembered them!

• Love 2

I watched it, and I thought some of the questions were ridiculously easy, with only a handful actually challenging (the couch?  the oven mitts?).  I mean, I guess the teams wanted to make absolutely certain of their answers, but for superfans, they seemed to spend an awful lot of time trying to figure certain questions out.  I don't remember which ones now (and I've erased the show from my DVR), but I definitely answered quite a few before Dame Helen finished reading the question.

I think I wanted it to be more competitive, with buzzing in and all, instead of taking turns with multiple choice answers.

That said, it mildly amused me that Gryffindor flamed out.  As a Ravenclaw, I was a little sad they didn't advance to the finals, but I am glad that Hufflepuff took the cup in the end.

(I only just found this thread through a link from the Harry Potter movies thread.  I never would have looked for it under competitive reality!  I kept looking for it under TV specials and one-offs!)

• Love 2