Type keyword(s) to search

Now's The Time For Beautiful French Zombies

I heard about and watched this series after I watched Resurrection. While Resurrection had what I thought was a promising start, I ended up being disappointed. The Returned had everything Resurrection was lacking. It had a great balance of mystery, suspense and creepiness. The pace was also good as the show never seemed to drag. I liked the approach of focusing on a different character each ep and piecing all the stories together. I'm glad another season is in the works but am slightly concerned it won't be as tight storywise as the first. Not sure how I feel about another remake, although I'll probably check it out.

• Love 1

I watched this when it was first aired on Sundance and I really liked it. I have my doubts about an American remake, though. I don't trust them to take the time to build the layers of the characters and keep the atmosphere and tension that the French did. I would rather let the French version stand as is as I thought it was quite good.

And yeah, I read about a second season that was in the works but I'm skeptical they can maintain the same level of quality. I guess I'll see!

• Love 1

I read somewhere the American version will be a two hour movie, not a eight hour miniseries.  Don't know if that's reliable or not.  

One thing the American version won't have that the French version had:  full frontal male nudity!  Merci beaucoup France!

• Love 3