Type keyword(s) to search

Coffee vs Tea vs ?

Bella
  • Start Topic

POLL OPEN

102 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 9/12/2022 at 10:44 PM, isalicat said:

Anela: Just out of curiosity, why are you using xylitol or any artificial sweetener when you are using molasses (which is just a form of natural sugar) and usually chai involves real sugar as well...?? Whatever their other benefits, artificial sweeteners never really taste like real sugar and there are some new studies about how they are especially bad for heart health. (I use Splenda sparingly, but I use it, so I'm a total hypocrite here..but I don't use any other sweetener - no honey, molasses, nothing...). Anyways I was just curious if you might have some reason to favor xylitol.

Raspberry hot chocolate with whipped cream sounds great!

I changed about eight or nine years ago, for my tea. I thought it would be better for my teeth (which were really sensitive), and also my health. That was what I'd heard. I don't use the molasses often. I wanted to make that drink regularly, because it's supposed to be good for you, but I can't get into a routine for anything. I should have scrapped the xylitol, because I worry about it being around my animals. I'm extremely careful, but I still worry about it spilling. 

I also have a bad stomach condition, and xylitol helps to "move things along" when it's giving me one particular problem. If my stomach stays full, it will make me sick. I can also get sick when I eat something, before it's settled, but that's one reason for it.