Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: One of Us Is Not Giving Up

• Start Topic

I'm confused with why Ms Avery was fired. I understand the whole thing with Vanessa but how does Simon paying for the distraction result in Ms Avery being fired? If Simon killed himself and paid for the distraction, then Ms Avery got fired for leaving detention to deal with people who were vamdalising school property. A very odd reason to fire someone AND launch a civil suit

There was no need for the Murder Club to devulge the fact that Ms Avery helped Vanessa with her situation, if they want to suggest Simon killed himself. But yet the show implied Murder Club did reveal that secret based on Vanessa's F**k off text to Addy, but the crew could have left out the whole Simon asked for her to put them on detention [which from memory is a show invention bit I'll save that for the Book thread] and present the suicide theory. Just another example of padding the story with a plot that ultimately doesn't make sense.

Anyway onto the finale where I'm beginning to think it's going to be a totally different outcome to the book.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Bill1978 said:

I understand the whole thing with Vanessa but how does Simon paying for the distraction result in Ms Avery being fired? 

She probably would have been fired for merely knowing about Vanessa's abortion but she also actively helped her make the appointment and drove her to it which sealed her fate unfortunately.

10 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

She probably would have been fired for merely knowing about Vanessa's abortion but she also actively helped her make the appointment and drove her to it which sealed her fate unfortunately.

That's the confusing bit. The show has the kids present the Simon killed himself theory to the police and next minute Ms Avery is fired. I don't understand why the kids would need to talk about Vanessa's abortion to present the Simon suicide theory. Surely they could have presented the theory without mentioning the abortion?

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Bill1978 said:

That's the confusing bit. The show has the kids present the Simon killed himself theory to the police and next minute Ms Avery is fired. I don't understand why the kids would need to talk about Vanessa's abortion to present the Simon suicide theory. Surely they could have presented the theory without mentioning the abortion?

They were being stupid and thinking they had to explain why they all got the detentions in the first place rather than just saying the Simon set them up by planting phones, jamming Nate's locker, etc. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

They were being stupid and thinking they had to explain why they all got the detentions in the first place rather than just saying the Simon set them up by planting phones, jamming Nate's locker, etc. 

And I guess another example of the show writers not appreciating (or trusting) the original source materials plot

• Love 2