Type keyword(s) to search

Skymed - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Co-production between Paramount+ and CBC, set to premiere in the 2022-23 season.

Created by Julie Puckrin, the serialized character-driven series features an ensemble cast of young talent including Natasha Calis (Nurses), Ace (Aason) Nadjiwon (Batwoman), Morgan Holmstrom (Siberia), Praneet Akilla (Nancy Drew), Thomas Elms (The Order), Mercedes Morris (Between), Kheon Clarke (Riverdale), Rebecca Kwan (Taken), Braeden Clarke (Outlander), and Aaron Ashmore (Killjoys).

Life, death, and drama at 20,000 feet, SKYMED weaves together intense character journeys and high stakes medical rescues as we follow the triumphs, heartbreaks and tribulations of budding nurses and pilots flying air ambulances in remote Northern Canada. They’re all in over their heads, and on their own, with no one to rely on but each other. 

I was excited for this because I liked Hard Rock Med (medical school set in northern Ontario) and I like Aaron Ashmore but the first episode was very disappointing. All of the characters are just unpleasant.

I'll give it another try but CBC, you can do better.