Type keyword(s) to search

The Admirable Abraham Carver Thread

• Start Topic

Kind of OT I didn't realize that Maggie was a bridesmaid at that 1986 wedding. Then again this show tends to ignore Marlena/Maggie but that's another discussion.

Abe the voice of reason/sanity/moral compass in the insane asylum of Salem.

I liked him best with Faye(Brandon/Nicole's mom) however for obvious reasons the show would never go there but they had really great chemistry. Plus I thought Lexie was way to vibrant for Abe tbh if she were a white character she would've been up there with Kristen, Nicole etc. 

• Love 2

Damn straight about Abe/Faye’s terrific chemistry. That was by far the biggest missed opportunity of Abe’s long long Salem story. I would have loved to have seen them connect after Lexie’s death. Give me a screwed up blended family of Theo/Lani/Nicole/Taylor… with  middle-aged Brandon having his parents together for the first time. But unfortunately Faye was killed off before Lexie was out of the picture. And I can’t even remember who killed Faye or why. Ugh. 

• Love 3

It was that fake twin Rafe had (which I admit I found more entertaining than actual Rafe but that's not difficult) that EJ/Stefano hired to mess with Sami. 

Course this show could bring back Faye its not as if death stopped this show before. Yes I think Abe/Faye and their messed up kids between them could've driven years of storylines.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I don't think I ever even saw a picture of Fey before...

...what do you think has been Abe's best arc? He's so often used in a supportive capacity that I can't think of a story where he was front and centre and really shined...

I will say with great disappointment that this Paulina storyline seems to also be using him to prop up another character. 

Edited by DisneyBoy
17 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I don't think I ever even saw a picture of Fey before...

...what do you think has been Abe's best arc? He's so often used in a supportive capacity that I can't think of a story where he was front and centre and really shined...

I will say with great disappointment that this Paulina storyline seems to also be using him to prop up another character. 

Valerie Wildman played Fay she was also on 90210 as the agent that was hunting down Dylan's dad(played by Josh Taylor) His best arc was in the 80s during the Richard Cates storyline. Richard Cates was a cop that was involved with Marlena(the guy between Roman and John) who turned out to be a dirty cop that killed Theo Carver(Abe's brother) and Danny Grant(Valerie's brother). Abe ended up killing him. 

The actor that played Richard Cates Rod Arrants passed away earlier this year however this show dropped the ball in not referencing this storyline when Abe/Valerie reunited.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Valerie Wildman played Fay she was also on 90210 as the agent that was hunting down Dylan's dad. His best arc was in the 80s during the Richard Cates storyline. Richard Cates was a cop that was involved with Marlena(the guy between Roman and John) who turned out to be a dirty cop that killed Theo Carver(Abe's brother) and Danny Grant(Valerie's brother). Abe ended up killing him. 

The actor that played Richard Cates Rod Arrants passed away earlier this year however this show dropped the ball in not referencing this storyline when Abe/Valerie reunited.

Just saw Valerie Wildman on a Hunter repeat the other night, "Turning Point", from Season 4, on Charge! so circa 1987/1988.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Valerie Wildman played Fay she was also on 90210 as the agent that was hunting down Dylan's dad(played by Josh Taylor) His best arc was in the 80s during the Richard Cates storyline. Richard Cates was a cop that was involved with Marlena(the guy between Roman and John) who turned out to be a dirty cop that killed Theo Carver(Abe's brother) and Danny Grant(Valerie's brother). Abe ended up killing him. 

Thanks! So interesting to hear the backstories. Back when soaps were better written, I feel like this stuff would have been remembered and referenced when appropriate.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Richard Cates was such a wonderful story and a great twist. His dynamic with Marlena mirrored her dynamic with Roman and he turned out to be bad.  Marlena also cared about him very much so she was very hurt when Abe killed him.  If looks could kill, Abe would be dead since Marlena was staring daggers at him as they took away Richard's lifeless body away.  I also loved that story because it was all about Marlena.  Back then the show used to write for the characters independent of their love interest..  Richard Cates was part of the awesome three prism story and his death pushed that story forward if I am not mistaken, Richard worked for Victor.  

• Love 2

17 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Richard Cates was such a wonderful story and a great twist. His dynamic with Marlena mirrored her dynamic with Roman and he turned out to be bad.  Marlena also cared about him very much so she was very hurt when Abe killed him.  If looks could kill, Abe would be dead since Marlena was staring daggers at him as they took away Richard's lifeless body away.  I also loved that story because it was all about Marlena.  Back then the show used to write for the characters independent of their love interest..  Richard Cates was part of the awesome three prism story and his death pushed that story forward if I am not mistaken, Richard worked for Victor.  

Yes he did he was part of the drug ring with Savannah Wilder and that whole Miami adventure. He kept Bo prisoner and tried to kill Hope. Even though he turned out to be bad I still liked him and in the end he told Marlena to look after his son Kevin for him and make sure he didn't end up like him. Of course its a shame the show never considered bringing back Kevin. He could've gotten revenge on Abe, Bo, Hope, Victor etc such a missed opportunity tbh.

• Love 2
On 10/5/2021 at 7:03 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

Yes he did he was part of the drug ring with Savannah Wilder and that whole Miami adventure. He kept Bo prisoner and tried to kill Hope. Even though he turned out to be bad I still liked him and in the end he told Marlena to look after his son Kevin for him and make sure he didn't end up like him. Of course its a shame the show never considered bringing back Kevin. He could've gotten revenge on Abe, Bo, Hope, Victor etc such a missed opportunity tbh.

I would not have wanted him to be bad.  I would have made him a good guy who Marlena mentored over the years.  Perhaps he became a psychiatrist like Marlena and comes to town to help her and Abe on a case.  He would have been a character grounded in history without any biological ties on the show.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1