Type keyword(s) to search

Bad Blood: Low Voice, Black Sweater Liar

merylinkid
  • Start Topic

Yeah listening to the Final Chapter part of the Bad Blood Podcast --  She's so totally going to get off.   All it takes is one hold out juror.   And if she could convince George Schultz with her low voice, what is some poor guy on jury duty going to do?   

I really hope the Prosecutor's opening argument is "Everything about Elizabeth Holmes is a fraud.   her company was a fraud, her device was a fraud, even if voice is a fraud."   Maybe that will get through to the jury.

On 9/16/2021 at 5:43 PM, merylinkid said:

Yeah listening to the Final Chapter part of the Bad Blood Podcast --  She's so totally going to get off.   All it takes is one hold out juror.   And if she could convince George Schultz with her low voice, what is some poor guy on jury duty going to do?   

I really hope the Prosecutor's opening argument is "Everything about Elizabeth Holmes is a fraud.   her company was a fraud, her device was a fraud, even if voice is a fraud."   Maybe that will get through to the jury.

I hope that she is found guilty but I wouldn’t be surprised if she is found not guilty. We are many weeks into the trial and the latest takeaway is that EH got a lot of old prominent men to serve on the Theranos Board, billionaires lost some money, and there were a lot of unhappy employees. Patients have testified but their testimony seems to get lost. 

Yeah where were all the doctors and scientists on the Board?   No one noticied that this medical device company had only old white guys with NO MEDICAL experience on the Board?   Not sure there were even women on the Board.   Because EH only could con men.   Who saw a pretty blond woman with a voice they liked who said what they wanted to hear.   

Jury consultants were all "oh she wants younger guys on the jury, not the old guys.   Or you want women"  I'm all "Noooooooo, that is exactly the wrong demographic for EH."   Younger men, see she is bullshitting.   Women definnitely see she is bullshitting.    Her "charm" never worked on those demographics.   

I go back and forth on whether she will be convicted.   I mean its mostly very rich people who didn't do their due diligence.   Walgreen's was completely remodeling their stores to have walk in theranos testing machines.    Yet they never freaking saw the machine in action.   I would be "I'm going to stand right here and watch it do its thing.   If it really does work that fast, we don't need to go to lunch and then come back."   But everybody just went "Oh George Schultz is backing her?"  "Oh Wall Street Journal says she is the hottest new thing" here let me throw money at her.   But the fact is, they LIED.   They said their devices on medievac helicopters in Afghanistan when they never even got close to one, for the sole reason to get more people to throw money at them.    We have to hope the jury looks past rich people being stupid and look at what the actual facts are.   They lied to investors for financial gain.   that's what she is on trial for.   Not the bad tests that emotionally harmed people.   The lying for financial gain.

The sad thing I realized from listening to this podcast?   Her idea had merit for SOME tests.   If they had focused on making it work for at least very basic tests, that still would have been a good thing.   No need to get blood drawn for a simple thing.   But noooooooo she had to lie and say you could do 200 tests from a single drop of blood.   

OMG, jury is deadlocked on 3 of 11 counts.   URRGGH.   If she gets off, I swear.   She duped all those people and then is claiming SHE is the victim.   That poor little her just didn't know any better and those mean men in Silicon Valley took advantage of her.   Ugh.

I just want a guilty verdict on ONE charge.   That's it.  ONE.   Because then she will never get investors again for whatever her next grift is.   Or be able to ever serve on a board.   Jail doesn't matter to me.   I just want her to never be able to do this to someone else again.

Elizabeth Holmes sentencing is today.    She could face up to 20 years but that is unlikely.    Sentencing guidelines just don't work that way.

She HAD A SECOND KID.   Like seriously.   You were convicted in January, you know you could face jail and you go and have another kid???????????????    No the judge is not going to go "oh you're a mom of two now, guess we won't send you to jail."    Either manipulative or the biggest narcissist out there.    Or both.