Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Wheels on the Bus

Message added by Lady Calypso,

Hi everyone! Book Talk in the episode threads is not allowed. If you would like to discuss anything about the book, please take it to our Show vs Novel thread. Thank you for your cooperation! 

• Start Topic

On 9/18/2021 at 3:47 PM, chediavolo said:

I can’t look away from her weird face/teeth. She looks like a puppet. 

I think this is one of the things they got right in a round about why haven't you explained it yet way.  Influencers look good on camera because of all the contouring, fake hair, veneers, plastic surgery, face laser sculpting, filters, lights, etc but in real life they look odd like the character. Their bones are too sharp, the teeth to large, the makeup streaky and muddy orange, and they have a hard time talking and eating around the veneers and lip injections. It's very sad to see in real life. There's getting work done to feel better about yourself and then there's this self hatred driven desperation to look like the mean girls in high school. 

Getting off my soap box

• Like 1
  • Love 1