Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E12: Two Imposters

When Danny shares good news about Greylock's finances, Sarah winds up in a debate that traps her between her two closest friends. Corinne is trying to right her wrongs, but she can't catch a break, especially after Sarah drops a major bombshell. Meanwhile, Bella and Tyler get creative with each of their school projects, which helps Sarah and Grover in ways they didn't realize they needed.

What?!?! Danny is actually Josh's father? Who could have possibly predicted that, especially in the episode before the season finale?!?!

It was obvious that that secret was coming out this episode. Again, the actors are all doing a fabulous job. You can feel the emotion from all of them. They're doing their absolute best with the material. I did feel bad for Corrine with regards to Josh. Obviously it sucks that Adam's anger has blinded him with this custody battle. Of course it sucks that he's using Josh to get back at Corrine, in ways. He has every right to be pissed, but using Josh is no way to handle it. He's doing that wrong, 100%. I can't blame Corrine for being upset about that. 

But, of course it was predictable that Josh's father being Danny would solve that custody battle immediately. Of course Adam will get his heart ripped out once more when he's told and then he'll disappear, never to be seen again. Or maybe we will be seeing him again and he'll be sporting a mustache to twirl in a potential season 2. No, but seriously, again, both Hope Lauren and Ryan Bruce did amazing work here and I just feel bad for both characters that they got screwed over in different ways. Neither are bad people; they're just both making very bad decisions. 

Uh, Ellen? I don't think your rehab is working. Seeing how angry she was getting not even a couple of weeks out of rehab just shows that it was really no true help to her and she's really going to need to find some anger management classes on top of therapy on top of rehab. Obviously, seeing her ex husband has triggered her, but shouldn't rehab have taught her how to handle situations when they're stressful? Her go-to emotion is clearly anger and she went there again quite quickly here. She half apologized but it didn't really seem to mean much. Not that Paul is much better; he may not have been abusive but he was completely absent and he needs to atone for that as well. They both ARE shitty parents and both need to be held equally accountable, not joking around with each other at the conference or whatever. 

Bella being Sarah's assistant was fun. Tyler accidentally finding Grover's home movies with his deceased wife was a good plot, because I do think Grover is making strides and this could be a good step forward to his healing. 

Poor AJ; her dad needing to stay at his current place but not being able to afford it? And Sarah being unable to help her? That sucks, but I expect it to all work out somehow. 

Sarah's plan of the clinic being inside the school? It'll be interesting to see how that plays out. I also wonder which teen will be the medical intern for a potential season 2. 

Honestly, I'm feeling, at this rate, that I don't want a season 2. But if there is one, I probably won't watch. This season has been frustrating and I expect that the season finale next week will be predictable all the same.

It was bizarre that the council was debating an all or nothing proposal of infrastructure vs stimulus. Also, while I'm not opposed to some direct payout, calling it stimulus is weird because there's nothing to say Greylock needs stimulus. 

I thought Sarah was going to propose Greylock build a skilled facility to take care of people like AJ's dad, so the buyout by Evil Corp will become not as much of a problem. Keep a good program going, and make it a Greylock non-profit government facility, so it's also attractive to bring nusiness and grateful families into town, and will maintain quality of care without draining away profits that get sent to corporate HQ elsewhere, instead of going into local jobs and resident quality of care.

I lost sympathy for Adam this week. It started last week, but this time he crossed a line. he needs anger managment as much as anyone. He's not wrong to be upset but he's hurting Josh, and he's acting badly. At the same time, so is Corinne who still hasn't really come clean with him, and so is Bro with the Fists. None of these people are acting like reasonable adults. But it irks me that I think the show is trying to make me hate Adam so they can ge rid of him and make way for the gross adventures of Corinne and Danny who are also not great examples.

Sarah on the hot mic? Hooboy. Where would TV be without the hot mic to drive plot?

Grover and his movies, Corinne with her students, and the extremely mature and competent teens of the week, are like they're from a different show. I wonder if they do it on purpose: a few sane kind of easy subplots, and a lotta angsty drama in the foreground.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Uh, Ellen? I don't think your rehab is working. Seeing how angry she was getting not even a couple of weeks out of rehab just shows that it was really no true help to her and she's really going to need to find some anger management classes on top of therapy on top of rehab. Obviously, seeing her ex husband has triggered her, but shouldn't rehab have taught her how to handle situations when they're stressful? Her go-to emotion is clearly anger and she went there again quite quickly here. She half apologized but it didn't really seem to mean much. Not that Paul is much better; he may not have been abusive but he was completely absent and he needs to atone for that as well. They both ARE shitty parents and both need to be held equally accountable, not joking around with each other at the conference or whatever. 

I actually appreciated that Ellen didn't magically become a better person after a few weeks away. She's still fucked up, but at least she has some ability to realize that about herself now.

15 hours ago, possibilities said:

It was bizarre that the council was debating an all or nothing proposal of infrastructure vs stimulus. Also, while I'm not opposed to some direct payout, calling it stimulus is weird because there's nothing to say Greylock needs stimulus. 

That's pulled from the headlines plots for you. I will suppose that the flood probably hurt some folks who were already hurting though.

Sarah on the hot mic? Hooboy. Where would TV be without the hot mic to drive plot?

Who knows? Worse stuff happens in real life with some disturbing Zoom fails, so all I did with this reveal was laugh.

Grover and his movies, Corinne with her students, and the extremely mature and competent teens of the week, are like they're from a different show. I wonder if they do it on purpose: a few sane kind of easy subplots, and a lotta angsty drama in the foreground.

Where would the CW be without drama?

I lost sympathy for Adam this week. It started last week, but this time he crossed a lne. he needs anger managment as much as anyone. He's not wrong to be upset but he's hurting Josh, and he's acting badly. At the same time, so is Corinne who still hasn't really come clean with him, and so is Bro with the Fists. None of these people are acting like reasonable adults. But it irks me that I think the show is trying to make me hate Adam so they can ge rid of him and make way for the gross adventures of Corinne and Danny who are also not great examples.

Ditto. Guy was already going to far with the Sarah thing last week, it just escalated. I can fully understand wanting to leave Corinne, but this revenge thing where you steal her kid from her? That's just disgusting.

Edited by Diapason Untuned