Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: The Son

• Start Topic

What is with people and all the lying? I get the show needs to draw out the story, but again, everyone is being so stupid.

I'm relieved Allison turned out to be who she said she was and not some "pedo in the basement." (Which actually wasn't that rude of a thing to think, given everything that happened.)

Ha! I knew something was up with Matt! I was wrong that there was something going on between Matt and Pia, but I wasn't wrong that there was more to Matt than meets the eye.

And of course Pia goes off half-cocked. 

• Love 4

I love that in this episode, I thought The Son would be all about Ethan, but it ended up focusing on Kai and his very dangerous decisions. The Son was really about both kids.   

I'm glad Allison was actually a girl around Ethan's age.  I was so sure AN was a bad guy.  I was STRESSED when Ethan got dropped by the Uber in the hood.  

I can completely understand why Sophie was pissed at Pia. She has NO idea what it is like to be a person of color and how that works with cops.  We all don't have a hot detective feeding us information and getting us to trust him.  People of color have some struggles with comfort around police, and that Pia took that young black man (who they likely won't see as a kid, but as a MAN) without telling his black mother made me feel a level of rage.  In Pia's self righteousness, she was blind to the real problem she could have caused her nephew. 

Edited by TrininisaScorp
  • Like 1
  • Love 6