Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Mother Of All, Mother Of None

• Start Topic

Distrust in Alder grows as Tally and Abigail pressure those in power for changes. Raelle gains a deeper understanding of the Mycelium and its purpose for her.

Original air date: August 17, 2021

Sneak Peek:

I found Tally relatively boring in season one (compared to Abigail and Raelle), but she's really impressed me this season.

Good to know Scylla's still out there making civilians do stuff against their will... but with less violence this time, at least.

I find Nicte compelling and I'm glad she's not dead. They got a good actress for that part. She does smug, flirty, stoic, and tearful well.

The VP is totally Camarilla, right? If so, he knowingly left his daughter to die. Cold.

22 hours ago, Cranberry said:

The VP is totally Camarilla, right? If so, he knowingly left his daughter to die. Cold.

He's something for sure. When they first introduced him, I knew that he knew his kid was a witch. I don't know if he's Camarilla, or if I'd want him to be, everyone's has had a double agent recently. The whole thing with Anacostia and Scylla, the Spree having sent someone in to make it into the biddy circle, I'm honestly not even surprised at this point. I'm like 99% certain Scylla is gonna teach the Dodgers "Spree" tactics, so yeah it would only disappoint me if the VP is Camarilla.

He did totally give off the vibe that he knew she would be dead by midnight. He didn't even blink when he realized his daughter had exposed her witch nature, but he's crying now? Yeah, she's gonna die in the next episode.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, william0102 said:

He did totally give off the vibe that he knew she would be dead by midnight. He didn't even blink when he realized his daughter had exposed her witch nature, but he's crying now? Yeah, she's gonna die in the next episode.

Honestly, I'm surprised his daughter wasn't the person he/the Camarilla used to spread the witch plague, I was totally expecting that.

Anybody else's head whirling from how fast they change what the Spree is about? First it's about stopping conscription in the U.S., then it's suddenly international (still not sure what conscription in the U.S. has to with other countries, unless potential conscriptees are fleeing there and the army keeps following?) and now it's about Nicte's personal vendetta after Alder stole her private WMD and they're counting up civilian lives vs. witch soldier's lives (not that I see how that would make a difference from a civilian's perspective).

And that's not even taking into account the moral discrepancies. I'm actually fine with having a lot of grey in there, but in this show, it sometimes seems to me like that's less intentional and more a case of the show's writers not communicating - I don't think it's even been mentioned since the episode where it was revealed that Scylla didn't know what the balloon she used in her terror attack was going to do. Not that that scenario makes much sense anymore now we know that there's a "target" amount of dead people - just how many army witches are there to avenge? From how few new recruits there were in season 1, the terror attack that killed 1000+ people must have been in answer to entire years' worth of recruits on the army witches' side being wiped out. (Unless Nicte is counting every witch soldier that died since the beginning of conscription in the 17th century, in which case it's no wonder nobody's made the connection yet.)

Speaking of Scylla, I'm surprised the army didn't send anybody to "pick her up" from the Cession, they have to know where she is.

Poor Adil for being kicked out (?) of his tribe, even if that tribe consists of about six people by now. I'm not sure why they made such a big deal about having to find a home for them, they could comfortably live in a single big house with room to spare.

Tally, even though I love how they're showing her slow disillusionment with the army, sure does have a martyr complex. Killing Nicte would have been a dumb choice anyway, she's potentially their best choice of information on the Spree once they find out how to get her to cooperate.

I'm glad the president finally adressed how Alder had been using her, and I've got absolutely no idea where they're going to take Alder now she's not the big boss of the army anymore. I like how they've tied her to the mycelium, even if I don't really get why it specifically needs Raelle to walk it around.

• Love 2

Okay, the writers clearly do not know how a military works. Seriously, there is a chain of command and insubordination is a crime. I also found the General Alder performing the execution to be strange. 

But yes, it's great seeing Alder finally fall and stop sucking the life of other witches to stay alive. If Alder is 327+, how many biddies died for her? 

• Love 3