Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Irrevocable

• Start Topic

Raelle fights for her life, just as the Army and Spree converge on a secret Camarilla stronghold. Abigail and Adil’s mission for vengeance escalates.

Original air date: August 3, 2021

Sneak Peeks:

Guess it was Raelle's turn to be tortured! At this point Abigail should consider herself lucky the Mycelium didn't choose her. (Interesting that it deliberately chose someone who didn't seek power.)

I'm glad Raelle got to see her mom, even if it was just for a moment. She needed to know that her mother truly loved her and would never really abandon her.

I'm glad Scylla's back with the crew. I don't think they should immediately forgive and forget or anything silly like that, but she's powerful and they can use all the help they can get right now. It'll also make for some interesting interactions, especially between her and Abigail.

Speaking of powerful... Adil has some really good magic. I think the choices the show's making with him abandoning his pacifism and being conflicted about it are interesting. That scene where he twisted the guy's limbs... creepy. (Also, Abigail melting the other dude's face off was gross and very cool.)

I was annoyed that Tally was sidelined for all of the action, but then she got the cool moment where she followed the bad magic to the biddy and saved Alder's life -- and she saw Nicte, too! Looks like she'll be taking the lead next week.

Only three episodes left (and no breaks between)!

• Love 2

I am guessing it is natural that the majority of civilians hate witches, since they have probably never met/interacted with a witch. Witches constantly fighting other witches, with large numbers of humans being randomly targeted, just makes humans want all witches gone.

I am surprised that nobody was sent to guard Abigail, since she is the Camarilla's favorite target.

I wonder if Raelle can produce an antidote, since she had a sample of the Camarilla's Spore Weapon.

Really nice special effects this episode.

• Love 1

I was thinking about Adil's power again and wondering why male witches are treated as second-class citizens in the witch world when they clearly can be very powerful. Thankfully, the show's wiki is pretty comprehensive! Male witches are apparently a minority, can't pass power genetically, and are generally (but not always) less powerful than female witches (although I wonder if this is true or based on stereotypes). They don't serve with the female witches because of declining birth rates. 

• Love 2

Poor Raelle- I know she’s mad confused. Her mommy gave her life for her!!

My mom says that Adil’s tribe became pacifists because they were so powerful after a tragedy they thought the best thing was to not fight at all. 

Did anyone notice the contrast between using the Lord’s Prayer to heal and using the Biblical verses as justification to kill witches?

On 8/8/2021 at 12:23 AM, Scarlett45 said:

Did anyone notice the contrast between using the Lord’s Prayer to heal and using the Biblical verses as justification to kill witches?

I didn't think of that but it's a pretty good contrast. I also do like that the healing spell that uses Christian scripture works by the witch literally taking on the wounds of their patient, that's really neat thematically.

Also whilst I feel a teensy bit cheated by Willa getting redemption through death rather than having to explain herself to her husband and child-it is fitting that after being forced to be a soldier and choosing to be a terrorist, after so many years causing pain and death, she died healing her daughter and giving her another chance at life, and in doing so went back to the traditions and faith that the Army and the Spree* both despised.

*Well probably, given their all around hatred of Muggles and America and how many witches got murdered for Jesus by those hated muggles over the centuries I can't imagine they like Christianity any more than the army does 

• Love 1