Type keyword(s) to search

Triathlon, Modern Pentathlon - I'll take sports that end in thlon for 200 please

• Start Topic

I watched the women’s triathlon a couple of days ago (really engrossing competition) and was fascinated by the announcers’ descriptions of what Tokyo was doing to the bay/ harbor for the swimming portion.  Did I hear correctly that they dropped some barrier screens to the sea floor to keep the water in the bay less choppy from the storm out in the ocean, but doing so also warms the bay, so then they needed boat fans to churn up cold water from the sea floor and raise it to the surface??  Holy moly.  That sounds super expensive.  Also ecologically dicey?  Maybe not.

The competition was so interesting.  I liked the woman announcer, whoever she was, because she gave understandable commentary about form, strategy, etc., to someone like me who only ever watches this stuff during the Olympics.  That winner from Bermuda was so, so impressive.

• Love 2