Type keyword(s) to search

Secrets Of The Zoo

• Start Topic

On Nat Geo Wild channel. This will cover the various iterations. The parent series covers the Columbus Zoo, there's an Australian version, Tampa, and a few others

Secrets of the Zoo: Down Under (Australia's Toranga Zoo), Season 2 is currently running on Sundays with 2 episodes each

Secrets of the Zoo (Columbus Zoo), Season 5 and Secrets of the Zoo: Tampa, Season 3 will premiere in Winter 2022

• Useful 2

A month before Covid hit we went to the Tampa zoo on a winter vacation, and were excited to end up in the middle of the filming of an episode of this show. I wish we'd asked specifically which season and episode it was for, because so far we haven't come across any footage of our day there. What a great place though. 

• Love 1

I love these shows. I love animals so it's fun for me to watch, though I'm not too keen on the bugs and reptiles. Sometimes I wonder if the zookeepers ever thought of putting the elephant, hippo and rhino calves together and see if they would play. I'm not that attracted to adult hippos and rhinos and they are dangerous creatures, but dang their calves are the cutest things.

BTW, animal expert Jack Hanna, the director emeritus of the Columbus Zoo, was announced by his family of having dementia back in April. Very sad.

• Love 2
(edited)

Columbus Zoo is my favorite, especially the episodes at the Wilds.   I would love to go on one of the bus trips through the Wilds.  

I like Tampa with the different species, and Down Under has so many logistical issues with the distances, and so many unique species.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2

Sorry to be losing Dr. Lauren from Tampa.  I would have loved to know where she went.  Best of luck to her, I will miss her on the show!

ETA: According to her LinkedIn page, she went to Utah's Hoggle Zoo

Edited by Rammchick