Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Days of Future M.O.D.O.K.s!

• Start Topic

I am guessing I will never understand how time travel works on this show. Sometimes they seem to exist in and remember the same timeline and sometimes they don't. Sometimes they disappear when they alter the timeline and sometimes they don't. There are multiple timelines and you can easily travel to each at will. You can interact with yourself sometimes with consequences and sometimes without consequences.

The plot was understandable, but I thought it would be funnier.

• Love 1

Surprised that they ended this with a cliffhanger and a lot of stuff still up in the air.  Besides the obvious Future M.O.D.O.K. trying to figure out how to save his family in the present, there still is the whole GRUMBL plot that was left unanswered.  I guess they feel confident enough about getting a second season.  We shall see!

Liked the montage of different Avengers killing M.O.D.O.K. off camera (even Hawkeye!) in the multiple timelines.  Although, I guess they couldn't figure out a way to show Hulk being one of them.

Pretty sure most teenagers don't even hang out at malls anymore, so while Melissa might be a little more hip compared to her dad, she is still far from being knowledgable on that front.

Definitely suspect this show won't be everyone and it wasn't the best that Marvel has to offer, but I enjoyed enough of it.  Great voice cast for sure.

• Love 1
On 5/23/2021 at 10:46 AM, AnimeMania said:

The plot was understandable, but I thought it would be funnier.

I made it through the series but this was all I was thinking throughout. I was expecting it to be a comedy and while it sort of was, I was mostly going "that is humor, I recognize it" rather than actually laughing. It was the same feeling I had trying to watch Robot Chicken stuff before, so maybe I just don't get their style. I also kind of hate time travel stories because it leads to too much gibberish and cheap plot changes that you can't do in a regular story (I absolutely hated Endgame for it).

I think making MODOK such a sadsack from the start was a mistake. This was maybe a season 3 type plot. I would have liked to see MODOK being competent first.

• Love 1
On 6/2/2021 at 10:58 AM, Nellise said:

I made it through the series but this was all I was thinking throughout. I was expecting it to be a comedy and while it sort of was, I was mostly going "that is humor, I recognize it" rather than actually laughing. It was the same feeling I had trying to watch Robot Chicken stuff before, so maybe I just don't get their style. I also kind of hate time travel stories because it leads to too much gibberish and cheap plot changes that you can't do in a regular story (I absolutely hated Endgame for it).

I think making MODOK such a sadsack from the start was a mistake. This was maybe a season 3 type plot. I would have liked to see MODOK being competent first.

I agree with most of your points (although I have laughed at Robot Chicken in the past & I love time travel stories precisely because they're so convoluted and confusing). I don't read comic books, so I don't know M.O.D.O.K.'s backstory. Is he a legitimate villain or is he supposed to be comic relief?

I binge-watched the episodes, so it got to be a little too much all at once.