Type keyword(s) to search

Season 01

• Start Topic

On 3/30/2022 at 1:27 AM, preeya said:

Does every person in these FBI foreign venues speak almost perfect English? There's never a language barrier.

I had the same thought. Sure, a lot of Europeans speak English but they don't all speak it that well.

On 4/27/2022 at 7:40 AM, shrewd.buddha said:

Scott (Forrester?) has some serious boundary issues.  He is having an on/off affair with his subordinate,  then he is on the verge of starting an affair with his language tutor.  
The tutor made the right call to put an end to his drama (tho the writers made her as suspicious as possible, so his reaction was not completely out of line).

I got suspicious of her, too, because usually characters like her are either love interests or they have an agenda. But when that turned out not to be the case and she ended the relationship, I wondered what the purpose of introducing her was. She wasn't a bad guy and she was a maybe-love-interest for two episodes. Why?

On 5/18/2022 at 12:12 AM, Xeliou66 said:

Good episode - the case was a bit dull in parts but the satisfying ending made up for it, I loved seeing Katrin get her job back while her douche of a boss was fired,

I'm glad she's staying because I like her but I wish they wouldn't have fired her boss. If I understood correctly, he wasn't dirty, just an opportunist, so why did he get fired? Was that part of Scott's request? If so, then I think it's a bit too vindictive. Sure, the guy was a pain in the butt (to put it nicely) but I would have found it more satisfying if he had been fired because he screwed up rather than because someone powerful owed Scott a favor.

I'm glad the show was renewed but I really hope they're going to do better research next season. The second Germany/Berlin episode was as badly researched as the first. A private and foreign security firm that's allowed to carry guns in Germany? Yeah, I don't think so. And they completely ignored the Berlin police when they are much more present than the federal police. (The federal police gets mentioned so rarely that I keep forgetting Germany has one).
The sirens on the police cars also sounded wrong and if you talk about drug crimes in Berlin, you have to talk about the "clans". They're basically, the East European and Turkish versions of the mafia which have been establishing themselves in Berlin for the past couple of years.

I guess, they have to stick to a certain investigative formula since the target audience is American but I'd still like it if they emphasized a bit more the differences between how investigations are run in European countries and in the US. I think there's also potential there for storytelling, if there's an exchange of investigative methods and also laws that they come up against that they're not used to in the US, for example. It could give them a new perspective as well, might force them to think outside the box and help them grow as investigators.

I still like the characters and the pace of the show.

• Love 1
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is Jaeger leaving the show? I’ll really miss her if she is, she’s my favorite character. I hope this isn’t the last we see of her.

This was an intense episode, but it was much more spy thriller than crime procedural and action scenes took precedent over detective work, and those kinds of episodes are not my favorite. So I guess the start of next season will deal with the remaining brother who was seen spying on the team at the end? What exactly does he want with them?

I don’t give a rat’s ass about Forrester’s mom or his backstory.

Nice to see Tank make an appearance at the end.

• Love 6

There was only the one line, but it was appropriate to hear a reference to the war in Ukraine.

The fact  that the defector was doing so because of the war was at least timely.

Even if Tank isn’t otherwise involved with the episode, he should always be in the last scene. You know, like the Reagan Sunday dinner.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 5/24/2022 at 11:21 PM, Xeliou66 said:

I don’t give a rat’s ass about Forrester’s mom or his backstory.

I love the actress, but it's a really crappy role for her. Like if she knew she wasn't going to leave with that guy, why start the whole chain of events that could have ended up with her son in danger? In general, I don't like the vibe from these people, hard to get invested in what happens to them.

• Love 3