Type keyword(s) to search

[NOT A BUG] Accessing Forums Issues

rcc

I still cannot open any of my shows listings. Cleaned cache, tried all themes and I get message they are unavailable. Android phone using Chrome.

This is a strange 1…

I haven’t been able to access the forums from my phone when I use my phone browser (most convenient way to read as I’m in the midst of a long term medical situation) since either late on April 16 or early April 17. I get a 503 or 504 (Community Temporarily Unavailable) message.

I CAN get the Your Shows/All Shows page if I use the other browsers I’ve downloaded (Cake, Chrome, Edge)—but then I can’t get past that page on those browsers. I

Here’s the strange part:

I CAN get the forums, oddly enough, by going to Primetimer’s Facebook page (I went to see if I could leave a message there about my issues), clicking the link to the site home page there—it does come up—then clicking the forums link, which takes me, at least has taken me sometimes, to the topic I wanna read.

CAVEAT: This ONLY seems to work/works best when I use Facebook through my app. I just tried it without using the app, because I didn’t wanna lose this post, & I wanted to double check the steps that worked, & I still get Community Unavailable. Try again later.

I already tried to fix it clearing my cache, which apparently also cleans my history & cookies now; there doesn’t seem to be any choice to clean just the cache. Cleaning whatever got cleaned didn’t fix my issue.

Phone: iPhone 8+ (8 Plus); Safari Browser; iOS: 14.5

I am having an issue when I am signed into the site. Whenever I attempt to click on a thread that has multiple subthreads (i.e., Grey’s Anatomy or The View), the site completely freezes up and I cannot access the subthreads. If I click on a show that has no subthreads (such as When Calls the Heart), I have no issues accessing the thread. The only way I can access multi thread forums is if I have a link in my google chrome search engine from a prior visit or if I use the search function on this site and find a subthread for the show. 

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. 

15 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

I am having an issue when I am signed into the site. Whenever I attempt to click on a thread that has multiple subthreads (i.e., Grey’s Anatomy or The View), the site completely freezes up and I cannot access the subthreads. If I click on a show that has no subthreads (such as When Calls the Heart), I have no issues accessing the thread. The only way I can access multi thread forums is if I have a link in my google chrome search engine from a prior visit or if I use the search function on this site and find a subthread for the show. 

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. 

Hi,

Would you provide the following info please:

Device:

Operating System:

Browser:

Also, does this happen with every forum or only specific ones? If you choose a forum at random from the main page does the same thing occur or is it only forums that are in your custom homepage? When did this start happening?

Thanks.

(edited)

This appears to be another occurrence of the bug I reported shortly after the site maintenance.  Lots of details in this post regarding what I've tried, etc.

Edited by SoMuchTV
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, SilverStormm said:

@rcc @BW Manilowe Would you confirm whether the issues you reported above are continuing or not please, thanks.

I can now delete my notifications. But still cannot call up my shows from the list. Either theme.

• Useful 1
21 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

This happens on both a custom homepage and the all shows homepage. 

I am using an iPhone 12 and this happens on both Google Chrome and Safari. 

Thanks for the info. Can you confirm approx how long this has been happening for please?

2 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

@rcc @BW Manilowe Would you confirm whether the issues you reported above are continuing or not please, thanks.

Still happening on all available browsers & going through your site link on Facebook, which previously worked. Clearing cache/history also doesn’t help. The only place I can reach, if I can (which I did through your Facebook page) is the shows listing & the drop down menu which links to PM messages like this. I put in the forum URL, it starts, then an X appears where you usually get the circular arrow. 

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14.5.1 Safari Unknown Version 

(edited)

This has started happening again for me, as of about yesterday evening (Wednesday 6/2).  IPhone, latest IOS, Chrome browser.  Can't open any link to a show forum (multi-thread).  I get a message "This community is temporarily unavailable."  I can still open show links to single-thread shows. Nothing else changed when this started happening (OS updates, new apps installed, etc.) Chrome was the last working browser for me on my iPhone - Firefox and Safari have had the issue for the last several weeks. 

On a Win10 desktop, my only "working" browser is Edge.  Firefox and Chrome have had the issue for weeks there as well.

Things I tried that didn't help:

- clearing cache/browsing data

- signing out/closing/reopening browser/signing back in

- opening in incognito/private browsing window

ETA - is it still just me?  On my iPhone, I can occasionally get to forums if I do the right combination of switching browsers/private browsing/holding my breath/right phase of the moon, but the next time I try, that doesn't work.

Edited by SoMuchTV
following up...

Hi!

I’m still unable to read/post on the forums using my preferred device. Sometimes I can get the The Shows/My Shows page, but clicking links takes me NOWHERE. Sometimes I can’t get that page. I either get a 504 notice from the board OR Safari says the server stopped responding. As you know, this has been going on since the last update in mid-April.

I’m posting again to let you know I DID manage to read & post on the forums today by going to Primetimer’s Facebook page, using the Facebook browser, clicking the website link there, then clicking the Forums link when I got to the website. This has now worked for me twice; failed for me at least once. I just wanted you to know that, if you saw I had successful access today, my access issues still ARE NOT resolved; I remain UNABLE to get to the Forums through the browser built in to my device. That device is: iPhone 8+ (8 Plus); iOS 14.5.1 (there’s a 14.5.2, but I haven’t downloaded or installed it yet); Browser: Safari Version built into iPhone 8+ (Unknown Version).

(edited)
On 6/16/2021 at 1:45 PM, SilverStormm said:

@rcc @Stacey1014 @BW Manilowe @SoMuchTV

To help us track down the underlying cause for the issue you're experiencing, it'd be super helpful if you would all confirm that you have updated your bookmarked urls for the site since the last update, or if you haven't, please do that and confirm in here. Thanks.

I don't use bookmarks per se, usually I just go to the site because it's one of my recently used urls, or because I already have it open in a tab.  But I did try typing forums.primetimer.com into the address bar in a couple different browsers (Firefox & Chrome on Win10) and I still have the issue.  I've gone through the whole clearing cache thing multiple times (with no good result) but if you think it will help to try that again, let me know.

ETA:  I just had the issue happen in real time, at about 1:00 pm ET.  I don't know if this will help or whether the devs might be making progress, but for what it's worth...  Using Edge on a Win10 pc.  I had been browsing off and on all morning.  I have "Everything Else" on my home page and it was bolded, so I opened it to see what was new.  Two threads had unread replies, "Pet Peeves" and "Chit Chat".  I opened Chit Chat, read the new posts, and used the Back arrow on my browser.  It just hung up.  I was able to go back to my forum home page, but from that point on I couldn't open any "forum" links (show links with multiple subforums).  Opening in a private window didn't help.  I was only able to get here to update this by using the link in my notifications.

Edited by SoMuchTV
New data
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

Delete existing bookmarks to this site and add new ones.

If I delete bookmarks I cannot access the topic again. Tried it before in a few of them. I still cannot access topics, just my notifications.

4 hours ago, rcc said:

If I delete bookmarks I cannot access the topic again. Tried it before in a few of them. I still cannot access topics, just my notifications.

So it's something you already tried, that's all I need, thanks.

• Love 1
On 6/16/2021 at 1:45 PM, SilverStormm said:

@rcc @Stacey1014 @BW Manilowe @SoMuchTV

To help us track down the underlying cause for the issue you're experiencing, it'd be super helpful if you would all confirm that you have updated your bookmarked urls for the site since the last update, or if you haven't, please do that and confirm in here. Thanks.

I don’t use bookmarks for the site.

From the dev:

With 99.99% certainty, this was trouble with Invision Community in the Cloud hosting, and as reported by the bug reporters, was there briefly, then gone, as Invision CIC does not stay down long ever. Nothing to worry about.

Which means, unfortunately, this can happen on and off without warning for a very small number of users. No ETA on whether this is something that could be resolved on a permanent basis.