Type keyword(s) to search

Rugrats - General Discussion

• Start Topic

So is this for all Rugrats discussion, or just the new CGI series?

I don't think the character designs really work in 3-D. Not especially impressed with the character animation.

• Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, Trini said:

Sorry, I didn't mean to be all negative. I do like that Susie is a main player; and that they got some of the original voice actors to return.

Considering that most of the original adult cast is either old or dead, it's a miracle they got the main babies' voices back at all. It's weird hearing someone other than Jack Riley coming out of Stu, that voice was so distinctive.

I'll be completely honest: this show does NOT translate well into 3D, with the exception of Chuckie. He looks great here.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

So…is Howard still in the show or not? Just curious.

I don't have Paramount+, but from the cast list and promo, it looks like he's not. I'm a little more concerned that Kimi and Kira aren't in the new series; but it's possible that they might be brought in later.

This wasn’t bad if you don’t watch for the voice actors.   If you watch explicitly for a particular voice actor then like anything else it might be like nails on a chalkboard.  The animation took some getting used to but once I did I kind of enjoyed it.    I actually had a fondness for The Rugrats Universe of the adults one story and the kids kinda reacting through it and around it in their own.   A fun one was the de-clutter one who steels Tommy’s favorite  toy and the most recent one where the kids get a doll that is a nice version of Angelica which they prefer until they need someone to protect them from a bully.  

• Love 1
(edited)

BTW, I watched the 'Stars of Rugrats' special that was on TeenNick, and apparently Susie is two, the same age as Chuckie. I get the change, now Susie is aligned more with the central Rugrat group and Lil isn't the only girl anymore, but then Susie doesn't have the role as Angelica's rival and foil.

Edited by Trini
corrected the name of channel
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Trini said:

BTW, I watched the 'Stars of Rugrats' special that was on Nick Toons, and apparently Susie is two, the same age as Chuckie. I get the change, now Susie is aligned more with the central Rugrat group and Lil isn't the only girl anymore, but then Susie doesn't have the role as Angelica's rival and foil.

What?! But that was Susie’s whole thing! If they wanted another girl in the central group they could’ve just had Kimmy! I loved Chuckie getting a stepmother and sister.

SMH I’m so glad I don’t have Paramount+.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

What?! But that was Susie’s whole thing! If they wanted another girl in the central group they could’ve just had Kimmy! I loved Chuckie getting a stepmother and sister.

Maybe they're still doing that with Susie? But again, I don't have that service so I'm not sure.