Type keyword(s) to search

Intergalactic - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Intergalactic-cast-composite.jpg?resize=

Aired all eight episodes in the UK on Sky on April 30th.

I believe this will also be streaming in the U.S. on Peacock starting May 13th. (There is not a lot of information.)           

Set 150 years in the future, when all of Earth’s nations have united into a single authority known as the Commonworld, and a new element has enabled Earth’s people to escape ecological collapse and colonize other planets via intergalactic travel. We follow a group of female fugitives searching for freedom and uncovering long-buried lies.

The series tells the story of fearless young cop and galactic pilot, Ash Harper (Savannah Steyn), who has her glittering career ripped away from her after being wrongly convicted of a treasonous crime and exiled to a distant prison colony. But on the way there, Ash’s fellow convicts stage a mutiny and seize control of their prison transfer ship. With the flight crew dead, mob leader Tula Quik (Sharon Duncan-Brewster), is intent on reaching the free world – Arcadia – with her gang; and Ash is the only pilot who can get them there. Ash is forced to join them on the run towards a distant galaxy and an uncertain future. From the fringes of outer space to the depths of human emotion, Intergalactic is a drama set in space, but with its feet firmly on the ground.

The show includes Eleanor Tomlinson (Poldark), Sharon Duncan-Brewster (Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, Sex Education), Natasha O’Keeffe (Peaky Blinders, Misfits), Savannah Steyn (The Tunnel, Wannabe), Oliver Coopersmith (Tin Star), Imogen Daines (Black Mirror), new comer Diany Samba-Bandza (Jack Ryan), Parminder Nagra (Bend It Like Beckham, ER) and Craig Parkinson (Line of Duty).

When I started watching Intergalactic with its Grindhouse Esque Credits and its Dirty, Dystopian feel I didn't quite know what to expect but I found that by around the third episode I was TOTALLY HOOKED! The show was not quite what I expected but it has some pretty good writing and production values and it certainly keeps my attention so GOOD ON THEM! I'm already waiting for the next season to drop!

On 5/10/2021 at 8:33 PM, AnimeMania said:

Yes, this is the show airing on Peacock. Now we just need to know if you can watch the episodes for free. 

The first episode is free, the rest you need a paid subscription too watch. All eight episodes are available to view on May 13th.