Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Loyalty

Bill C.
  • Start Topic

Tasha sees Angela for the first time. Ghost learns a friend may be behind the hits while Angela races to stop the next attack. Ghost makes a commitment to Angela. The mastermind behind the hits is revealed.

Easyspreestep, take a bow!

Considering how low-key it was, this is/was perhaps the most important episode of the season...and the outright bitchiest.  Tasha was at her most sympathetic in the face of her man's indiscretions--ironically getting advised to do exactly what Tommy suggested she could do last week--and, in a bizarre way, so was James for a couple of hot minutes (Omari Hardwick finally acted, y'all!).  Angie was...Angie, only naked.  Holly was just a little Lady Macbeth, inevitable as it was, to Tommy's cracked-out--literally--and increasingly at odds with his friend Macbeth.  And Kanan is indeed the gangsta Palpatine of the whole thing...which makes Pink Sneakers his superhot Darth Maul (seriously, Leslie Lopez looked ridiculously beautiful in the one scene she popped up in).

I thought Pink Sneakers was operating before Kanan found out he was getting out of prison. But at least we know who she is working for now. It looks like there is going to be a lot of action in the finale, can't wait for that.

Taking my bow Bill C. I knew it was Kanan the moment his lawyer said his release date had been moved up. What really sealed it for me was when he wanted information from his son.

I felt really bad for Tasha this episode, but this is what happens when you put your entire existence into your man. I'm glad Tasha sees that Ghost never really loved her can't wait for her women scorned routine.

Wow so now Tommy is a coke head that sucks. Something about the way Holly NEEDS to know everything does not sit well with me.

Angie I'm not the kind of women that breaks up a marriage while sleeping with a married man and telling him that you don't know what you will do if the relationship does not work outso lame. James wants to be with Anige because she is pure but how long will she stay when she finds out the truth.

Loved Simon Stern how do you get the blacks and Latinos to show up and behave. James should have said well I only let the civilized ones in that's my secret. Lol

Ghost I can't stand and I'm contemplating not watching the show next season. Maybe if he wasn't a cheater but really the cheating makes me really dislike the character.

"Can I touch your hair??"  That bitch would have gotten my drink in her face. 

Nice job on calling it, Easyspreestep.  I knew it was him as soon as he suggested Ghost kill the kid.  He found out that info way too quickly, I don't care how connected/in the know people in prison are supposed to be.

Still hate Holly.  She's gonna royally screw over Tommy.  I know someone asked this last week, but is this his first girlfriend?  He's a little too thirsty.

(edited)
Something about the way Holly NEEDS to know everything does not sit well with me.

Yep, I keep wanting to think she's an undercover agent but stealing from the wife of one of her targets just doesn't fit.

Loved Simon Stern how do you get the blacks and Latinos to show up and behave. James should have said well I only let the civilized ones in that's my secret. Lol

Well, that's what Stern was getting at, I think. How does James figure out which ones are the "civilized" ones? Ugh, when that one rich bitch asked if she could touch Tasha's hair I gasped out loud. Tasha was right, that whole evening was about trying to tell James to know his place. His stupid ego thought Stern actually considered him an equal.

Loved that moment when Tasha took off her earrings like she was getting ready jump some woman in the middle of the street. Interesting that she pulled back when she saw who it was. Based on her conversation with her girlfriend later, she could handle a Black or White sidepiece but a Latina gave her pause. Wonder if she's got some bad old history with the chicas?

That shite-eatin' grin Kanan flashed at the end was perfect. Ghost is about to get it from all sides: Tasha, Stern, Kanan, and probably Angie too once she connects the dots. I have a feeling Ghost left some DNA on that shot glass he used at Rolla's place and boy is Angie going to have rude awakening.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 1
Something about the way Holly NEEDS to know everything does not sit well with me.

Not to mention her telling him, "you can trust me," which on a TV show genuinely means the opposite.

I loved the actor playing Rolla, and Omari actually moved me in their scene together. 

So, Kanan has explicitly requested that his son not be around when Pink Sneakers kills Ghost. I'm guessing this means he'll be there - or in the vicinity.