Type keyword(s) to search

Wagons Ho! Anticipation For 1883

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

I am really looking forward to this series.  Love Westerns, it's been a while since "Deadwood" and I thought "Hell on Wheels" was great the first few seasons but then lost interest.

I'm assuming it will focus on the earliest Duttons.  As long as there are plenty of scenes of the typical TV Western town, I will be happy.

• Love 1

It would be nice if we could get a cast list, or any other details. 

Until we see differently, I'm kinda expecting something like The Virginian, updated to basic cable standards, since the time period is roughly the same.  Of course, Shiloh Ranch was past the early, rougher days when the show aired but they did like their flashbacks. 

My interest in this show depends entirely on the cast.  I'm hoping there will be characters (actors) I can warm up to like I did with Rip Wheeler, John and Kayce Dutton.  [Sigh]  

I live in the DFW area and our local news reported this morning that this show was filming in Granbury, TX today and later this week they are going to shut down the historic stockyard area of Fort Worth to film. They also said that Faith Hill was part of the cast and also her husband Tim McGraw.

I found an article about the filming in the Fort Worth newspaper.  
https://www.star-telegram.com/entertainment/article253844603.html

Edited by Angeleyes
  • Love 1