Type keyword(s) to search

Blood Of Zeus - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Blood of Zeus was originally known as "Gods & Heroes". The show comes from creator Charley and Vlas Parlapanides and Powerhouse Animation, the studio behind Netflix's Castlevania. This 8 episode series, currently streaming on Netflix, uses a Japanese animation influence to portray Greek Mythology and culture which is of great interest to these Greek-American brothers. They try to portray Greek Mythology without putting too much spin on it.

Blood of Zeus was renewed for a 2nd season and the Parlapanides brothers had a 20 page outline ready if it happened to be renewed. The brothers feel the story could last for 5 seasons.

Here is an interview that the Parlapanides brothers did for Geek’s Guide to the Galaxy Episode 455 focused on Blood of Zeus.

• Like 1

I think I watched this in December. Actually, I think it was xmas because I was in the kitchen making my crock pot mac n' cheese. I follow Claudia Christian on FB and she posted about being the voice actor for Hera. (She's done a ton of voice acting for lots of video games too, and worked with almost everyone). 

I thought the story was fairly straightforward, but I enjoyed it. (I like the actor for Zeus too anyway). Animation was fantastic, and the music was really sweeping. They took you right into that final battle. I thought the giants were a cool, original idea, and I think they had just enough of a variety of the greek gods. 

I didn't see the twist coming with the brothers, but I hope there's some redemption for Seraphim. I feel like he got shafted and had been a pawn. But I think like Heron was able to, he needs to temper his rage. 

• Like 1

blood-of-zeus-netflix-season-2-everythin

Young Hades,  Zeus,  Hermes

“Following Zeus’ demise, a power vacuum emerges amongst the gods, leaving Heron, Zeus’ demigod son, struggling to find his place. He is racked with loss and hears a mysterious refrain in his dreams, prodding him to save his brother, Seraphim, who is suffering the terrors of the Underworld. Unbeknownst to Heron, Hades is trying to enlist Seraphim to help him secure Zeus’ vacant throne and save his family from their long standing suffering.”

BOZ-S2-Group-Shot-Heron-Alexia-Kofi-Evio

Alexia,  Kofi,  Heron,  Evios

Derek Phillips as Heron  
Jessica Henwick as Alexia  
Jason O’Mara as Zeus  
Elias Toufexis as Seraphim 
Lara Pulver as Persephone  
Fred Tatasciore as Hades

BOZ-S2-Typhon.png

• Like 1

Just found this on Netflix and loved it. I like the Gods and Goddesses and their interactions with each other more then then Heron and the rest.

I love Hera. She's always been one of my favorites even though she does terrible things. She's really smart and clever in her twisted revenge against Zeus. I have no problem with her going after Zeus. But targeting innocent isn't cool. Her plan was really good and she managed to stab Zeus. He never saw it coming. I didn't either. Hera didn't have control over crows, her animal was the peacock which would have cool. 

Apollo-I love him telling Ieus he's smart enough not to anger Hera. He welcomed Heron. I scared when it looked like he was killed. Not Apollo! Thank God he wasn't.

Zeus-I love Zeus getting called out about breaking a rule he's made them follow. It has precedent since Zeus yelled at them in the Iliad for wanting to help their various kids during the Trojan War. Then wanting to save his own son from death which Hera called him on it. Although he ended up not helping his son in that case. Most of the Gods went to Hera's side for that reason. One scene I really loved with Zeus and Heron was Zeus talking about his own father who he never knew until he was grown and tried to kill him. True and interesting point on why he might be a terrible father. Sure there's other reasons too like him playing favorites. But that's a reason too. 

Poor Serphaim tricked into killing his mother plus the rest of the stuff that happened in his life.

Poor Electra, Zeus pretty much ruined her life. Plus their relationship didn't start out consentual.

The battle at the end was awesome. Gods vs Giants. Zeus saves Hera! That was oddly sweet after everything.