Type keyword(s) to search

Guest Sharks

bilgistic
  • Start Topic

I have a somewhat irrational distaste for Kendra Scott and her jewelry. The only people I've ever seen wearing Kendra Scott's jewelry are young, white, well-off sorority types. The jewelry is generic and therefore appeals to a certain class of women.

Kendra Scott has a net worth of $500 million. My Googling just found that KS store associates make $10–$11 an hour, which is a real kick in the pants when I hear her talk about "empowering women". She doesn't even pay close to a living wage. Her jewelry "starts at" $40. So even with the 60% employee discount, someone working for KS has to work at least three hours to afford a piece of her shitty, mass-produced jewelry so they can look like everyone else.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Kendra Scott jewelry is very 'in' for a lot of women.    I've seen people wear it on several reality shows too, so I'm guessing they supply the jewelry and get publicity, and maybe pay a fee too.   

For guest sharks, I love Rohan, Daniel, Matt Higgins, Richard Branson, but some of the others do nothing for me.  I hate it when a guest shark keeps talking about their own companies. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama