Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: On A Night Like This

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

Xander and Jett set out to save Ralen, who has gotten caught up in the high stakes world of an intergalactic fight club. Meanwhile, Jax is on a mission for Osborn to acquire intel from a beautiful Sumi princess who is about to get married, but finds herself falling for Jax.

Airdate: November 1, 2020

Shouldn't this be "S02.E05: On A Night Like This"?

14 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

This was an episode that was very short on plot.

I think it was cribbed from the song "On A Night Like This" by the Swedish singer Pandora. It doesn't have much of a plot either.

I actually liked the drunk call from Jax's (male) harem. Lets just admit that this is a farce and not pretend that it's a serious drama.

So Zazie is a spy? And Jett is a spy, and everyone else takes turns being spys.

I'm assuming that they keep saying that Matta is dead so that we can have a big reveal when we (and Ralen, I guess) find out that she isn't. Then we can have the obligatory After-School-Special episode about keeping secrets and spreading rumours.

I also liked the choreography of Ralen's Alien-Fighting-style. Although, jumping up in the air to punch a trained fighter is called "telegraphing your next move" and will usually end badly.

5 hours ago, appositival said:

Shouldn't this be "S02.E05: On A Night Like This"?

Yes, it should be. And it is now.

Alien/monster fight club is one of my least favorite scifi/fantasy tropes, but I didn't hate this one like many of these episodes on other shows. Not that it was a great episode, but by the standards of this show it was ok.