Type keyword(s) to search

Spitting Image (2020) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

This reboot is crude, rude and lewd. In other words... just like the original. 

Full episodes, free outside the UK here (yes, legally, this is the official channel):

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, Robert Lynch said:

Just as scary as they were in the past!

Trump's talking arsehole definitely qualifies as scary.  But even their version of The Queen is pretty frightening.

Does anybody remember the American version????

Sometime around 1987, Sid and Marty Krofft    ----  yes, the guys who made those weird

Saturday morning kids TV shows like HR Puf N' Stuff and the Bugaloos

(They were also the guys who made that puppet rock band on the Mandrell Sisters variety show from the early 80s---

(FF to about 28:35)  those puppets looked like other country music stars like Cash, Denver, Nelson, etc.)

(and I'm obviously mentioning that because of this)

these guys decided to make an American version of this show   ---  DC Follies.   The show "took place" in a bar in downtown DC.

Fred Willard was the bartender and proprietor.   (Puppet versions of) the three ex-presidents would constantly frequent the bar,

and Nixon was always "trying" some new "get rich quick" scheme of some sort.  Reagan would usually show up as well

(sometimes just at the end).  Toward the end of '87, Bush (Sr., of course) would show up more

(obviously because the '88 election was approaching), and when Bush eventually made his VP pick,

the show became all about how Quayle is an idiot.

Despite "taking place" in DC, Hollywood (puppet) celebrities would constantly frequent the bar as well.

Quite often, the three big talk show moguls would be at the bar ---  Donahue, Oprah, and Mort

(Good God -- MORT!!! -- remember him, everyone???   He was like "political" Springer)

Anyway, a "real" actual comedian celebrity would show up in each episode as well, from Phyllis Diller,  Steve Allen,  to even Betty White.

What a blast that show was as well.    I hope that some people are planning a revival of this as well.

I would love to see puppet versions of the Kar-trash-ians and other reality TV people getting mocked,

as well as a few modern singers and celebrities.

Sorry about the long post -- just wanted to give the Yankee counterpart some love.

I really loved the original version of this show as well, and I'm watching this new one.

(edited)

The 2-part "US Election Special" for some reason is not in the Full Episode Playlist I linked to a few posts up (at least at this point).  But it's still on the Official YouTube channel, so here are direct links to the 2 parts:

Edited by Kromm
(edited)

The Spitting Image version of Kim Kardashian's sex tape was one of the most disturbing things ever. 

The send up of James Bond themes was very clever though. 

They also REALLY piss all over James Corden in this episode.  Heh. 

And props to them outright SAYING in this that Biden won. I'm sure they cut the episode both ways, but they've released it before it's technically official, so they are taking a (tiny) chance. We also got a good final "Trump's Asshole" joke out of it. 

Edited by Kromm

Now they're posting the ORIGINAL Spitting Image on the official YouTube channel. 

Here's episode 1 of the original.  Warning:  the opening skit might bother some, even this many years later. They're joking rather viscously about the Reagan assassination attempt and.... well...