Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: A History of Violence

paigow
  • Start Topic

13 hours ago, paigow said:

What is the endgame for Ruby? Is she a secret half-sister of Tic? Or something else she has can run the unseen time machine?

My guess would be that there is nothing particularly special about her, and that Chrilliam want to use her as a back door to get into Leti's house and search for the orrery. 

On 9/7/2020 at 3:01 PM, grawlix said:

From what I can tell from the last episode, the arm had belonged to Hiram Epstein and losing the arm appeared to be part of what caused Hiram's death.  No idea on why it looked fresh.

It was fairly fresh, right? Epstein didn't die that long ago. And given all the dust and cobwebs in the tunnels, they either hadn't been flooded before anytime recently or had some spell on them to immediately dry out again, so the arm might've been preserved by desiccation and then made to look fresh again when submerged in water.

The door on the other side of the plank transported the group to under Leti's house, so the water came from Lake Michigan.  The trap door was probably a portal to a location that was underwater.

To me it would be too convenient that the vault just happened to be under the Winthrop House for Epstein to try to rob it, so I assumed that the tunnels were all under Boston somewhere, but Epstein enchanted his elevator to warp space and bring him inside past Titus's safeguards.

All in all, this was not my favorite episode. It felt less like a coherent story than like a D&D campaign the dungeon master was making up as he went along. As always, it's the little details I find most interesting -- like how the Chicago branch of the Sons of Adam is run by a racist cop, who is nonetheless prohibited from officially joining the order, presumably because he's Irish. But this week the little details got drowned out, sometimes literally, by a lot of pointless nonsense.

• Useful 1

Re Ruby, my theory is that Chrilliam are not only using her to get to Leti and Tic, they're willing to do whatever it takes and if it takes sex, then so be it.

Poor Ruby. On top of all the other shit she's been/going through, she's basically being raped and she doesn't even know it.