Type keyword(s) to search

Echo Burning: The Variations of Jack Reacher

• Start Topic

I don't know the books and can hardly remember the second Cruise movie. But from all of the inside sniper stuff in the first I was wondering if Lee Childs was Clancy and The Hunt For Red October like in trying to add flavor. With all the Reacher back story touches and how the military and fed's act I guess no 

On 2/7/2022 at 7:35 AM, Raja said:

I don't know the books and can hardly remember the second Cruise movie. But from all of the inside sniper stuff in the first I was wondering if Lee Childs was Clancy and The Hunt For Red October like in trying to add flavor. With all the Reacher back story touches and how the military and fed's act I guess no 

Lee Child is not Tom Clancy.  For one thing he's a better writer/plotter than Clancy.  Also, unlike Tom Clancy, Lee Child is still alive.

On 2/8/2022 at 11:57 PM, johntfs said:

Lee Child is not Tom Clancy.  For one thing he's a better writer/plotter than Clancy.  Also, unlike Tom Clancy, Lee Child is still alive.

Agree to disagree.  Clancy has his issues ("look how much tech stuff I know, ignore the thin plot") and I stopped reading his stuff, but Child is just a hack. Killing Floor read like it was written in high school study hall and his research was atrocious. It reminded me of the Don Pendelton "Mack Bolan" crap from the 70s and 80s.

• Applause 1