Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: The Trap

• Start Topic

I knew- KNEW, Mercedes’ Mom was going to steal her money!!!

How DARE Andre call anyone a THOT when his married dumb ass self is letting strange women into his work computer!!

I think it’s clear Hailey’s daughter died. I think she drowned in the flood. 

Seven years she saved that money. Seven years. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 4
On 8/2/2020 at 9:08 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I knew- KNEW, Mercedes’ Mom was going to steal her money!!!

I knew she was bad news. talking about God spoke to her  I don't trust any TV characters who quote the bible all the time.  They are always trifling without fail.  Mercedes was dumb to trust her, I don't care if that was her mama. And she was dumb to get caught; she should have molly-whopped that bitch 2 times and then skedaddled before the cops showed up

I didn't realize white stripper's name was actually Gidget. I thought they just called her that to make fun of her for being white. Lol!

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

I knew she was bad news. talking about God spoke to her  I don't trust any TV characters who quote the bible all the time.  They are always trifling without fail.  Mercedes was dumb to trust her, I don't care if that was her mama. And she was dumb to get caught; she should have molly-whopped that bitch 2 times and then skedaddled before the cops showed up

I didn't realize white stripper's name was actually Gidget. I thought they just called her that to make fun of her for being white. Lol!

Yes I wouldn’t have trusted her either, but maybe she figured the church building fund was “safe” as it was supposed to be accounted for. 

Yes her name is Gidget! 

Glad you’ve found the show. It’s getting a slow start but I’m liking it. 

On 8/12/2020 at 6:16 PM, Scarlett45 said:

Glad you’ve found the show. It’s getting a slow start but I’m liking it. 

I'm late to the party but I already love this show. A colleague rec'd it to me and I didn't think I'd be into it but it really is entertaining. 

How does Mercedes mom not see that she's the devil in this situation? I could see through her from the jump and knew exactly what she was going to end up doing with that money.

I find it interesting how she and her daughter are the best performers in their respective fields. Clearly the mom is good at what she does, but I can't root for her because she's a hypocrite who treats her daughter like shit. At the same time, I'm kind of on her team when she's going up against these sexist, lecherous, hypocritical male pastors. 

I'm apprehensive about the business plan Mercedes had. It sounds like a nice idea in theory but I worry that it isn't a steady longterm business. Theoretically the girls who age out will be replaced by others but you can't necessarily count on it.

I'm curious if Mercedes goes back to the Pynk, is she still going to be HBIC or has she already been supplanted by Keyshawn? It's going to be embarrassing for her to have to go back but if her mother has taken all of her money, what choices does she have?

To me if she has more money stashed away, she should pay the 55 grand Clifford owes and become partners with him. I'm not sure how the structure would work exactly but maybe she could be in charge of the girls while Cliff continues to be the MC plus runs all the other side hustles they have. Also, make some improvements to that decrepit looking building.

Hailey is such an enigma. I don't know what's going on with her but I'm not convinced that the daughter is dead. They're making it such a mystery that I feel like she going to pop up at some point even if it's only in the final season of the show. I can understand Hailey running from an abusive relationship but what about all of the other people from her past? No friends, or relatives she could turn to after a natural disaster? Also, what's the deal with piling all this money while she lives in squalor? She doesn't have to go nuts but she can't get a bed, table, chairs and some freaking blinds? Is she trying to punish herself for living without her daughter?