Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

We meet Ludwig Göransson inside his studio where he details how The Mandalorian’s musical themes were written. We then journey to the scoring stage to witness the live orchestra recording session.

Dropping Friday, June 12, 2020.

If I am awake when these Disney Gallery episodes suddenly appear on Disney+, I will usually stay up and watch them before I go to sleep.  That often leads to me being tired when I'm watching, and needing to watch again just to catch anything I missed the first time.  This time will be no different!  I will have to watch again.

I must have yawned or blinked or something, because I guess I completely missed the fleeting Pedro Pascal sighting in the episode.  The picture of Pedro with Dave Filoni and Ludwig Göransson is right at the top of this article (linked below), but I never saw Pedro in the episode at all!

"Official Images From Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian Series Episode 7"

Ludwig is an interesting guy, and he has created a very memorable score and theme song for The Mandalorian.  It is a different kind of theme song than what we're used to in Star Wars projects, but it is catchy and hard to forget.

Ludwig was supposed to be part of the canceled PaleyFest Mandalorian panel that should have taken place back in March, and I can understand why he was included -- his music is very important to setting the tone of the show and giving it that space western vibe.  It's like a character all on its own.

It's unfortunate that the final Gallery episode (for The Mandalorian) is airing next Friday.  That was a quick season, and I'm not sure they'll do a second season of Gallery for this specific series -- there might not be a reason to do a second season, because they're already telling us how they do everything behind the scenes.  I don't know what else they could cover in a second Gallery season unless they just focus on guest stars.

• Love 1
On 6/14/2020 at 1:12 AM, TVFan17 said:

I must have yawned or blinked or something, because I guess I completely missed the fleeting Pedro Pascal sighting in the episode.  The picture of Pedro with Dave Filoni and Ludwig Göransson is right at the top of this article (linked below), but I never saw Pedro in the episode at all!

"Official Images From Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian Series Episode 7"

I saw that still before I watched the episode, so I was watching for it while viewing the episode. I never saw it. The still must be from something else, or it was cut from the final episode.

• Love 1
(edited)
12 minutes ago, pezgirl7 said:

I saw that still before I watched the episode, so I was watching for it while viewing the episode. I never saw it. The still must be from something else, or it was cut from the final episode.

I'm glad to know that someone else also didn't see it.  I saw someone else say -- possibly on Twitter, but I can't recall where? -- that they saw Pedro, but it was a blink-and-you'll-miss-him sort of thing.  (I think they were imagining seeing him.)

I saw the still before watching the episode too, and was surprised when I never saw Pedro pop up on the show.  I assumed I missed it because I was tired. 

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1

I declare this to be my favorite of the behind-the-scenes documentaries.  And that doesn't come as a surprise to me because it has happened before.  When I'm watching this show (or any show) I am focused on plot and character and visuals.  I don't even realize how much the music is affecting me.  But then they do these BTS features and I realize how essential the music is and what a big part of my emotional reaction is being driven by the music.

I particularly loved this feature because the composer is quite young and he really brought a whole new flavor of music to the Star Wars universe.  That scene where he plays the Mandalorian theme for Jon Favreau for the first time is just great.  I loved seeing Jon's reaction.  He knew then that he had hired the right guy.

Edited by WatchrTina