Type keyword(s) to search

Jeffrey Epstein: Filthy Rich - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Leland Nally of Mother Jones got a hold of Epstein's address book - and called everyone in it (other than those we knew were victims).

Jeffrey Epstein’s little black book is one of the most cursed documents ever compiled in this miserable, dying country. Totaling 97 pages and containing the names, numbers, and addresses of a considerable cross section of the global elite, Epstein’s personal contact book first turned up in a courtroom in 2009 after his former butler, Alfredo Rodriguez, tried to sell it to lawyers representing Epstein’s victims for $50,000. Rodriguez described the book, apparently assembled by Epstein’s employees, as the “Holy Grail.” It is annotated with cryptic marginalia—stars next to certain entries, arrows pointing toward others–and the names of at least 38 people are circled for reasons that aren’t totally clear. There are 1,571 names in all, with roughly 5,000 phone numbers and thousands of emails and home addresses. There are celebrities, princes and princesses, high-profile scientists, artists from all over the world, all alongside some of the world’s most powerful oligarchs and political leaders—people like Prince Andrew (circled), Ehud Barak (circled), Donald Trump (circled).

In the course of my project I would come to realize the little black book was Maxwell’s as much as it was Epstein’s. Dozens of people I spoke to were surprised to hear they were listed in his book, sometimes alongside their parents’ or siblings’ numbers and home addresses, and just as many claimed they had never once met Epstein. But nearly all of these people did have some kind of relationship with Ghislaine Maxwell. A friend of Maxwell who had also seen the book told me, “This looks like her address book….I know several people [in here] who’ve never met him.” I would figure about a fourth of the people listed in the black book knew only Maxwell.

• Useful 6

Maxwell's deposition in Giuffre's civil suit has been released.   It's redacted, especially names of men other than Epstein (3 guesses one of those names).     It's FOUR HUNDRED PAGES.   that was one long ass deposition.    No I haven't read it yet.   But you know I will dig into it.   

• Useful 2
On 12/29/2021 at 6:10 PM, Bastet said:

Ghislaine Maxwell has been convicted (on five of six counts) for her role in recruiting and grooming Epstein's victims.  A sentencing date has not yet been set.

Netflix has a documentary called Ghislaine Maxwell:Filthy Rich that I’ve seen a portion.  I don’t think there is a thread here for it yet.  

• Love 1
6 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Netflix has a documentary called Ghislaine Maxwell:Filthy Rich that I’ve seen a portion.  I don’t think there is a thread here for it yet.  

I watched it last night.  I didn't think it was as well done as the Filthy Rich on Epstein, and it definitely cannot stand alone; you have to watch it having watched his (or independently read about his crimes).  But it's a nice coda, since one of the takeaways of the one on him is "why the hell is she walking free?!" -- and now she's not.  It's interesting to hear a couple of victims say she's worse than he was.

It's disgusting to hear so many of her former friends casually acknowledge they knew Epstein was into girls; only one man asked  "What the hell was wrong with me, with all of us?" that they just shrugged that off as one of his quirks and didn't think about the fact these were TEENS.

• Love 1
On 11/29/2022 at 9:17 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I don't think there is either. We watched it. She was his pimp. I also think she was so gaga for him that she was willing to play into his darkest perversions. 

• Love 2