Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E18: What's Next?

jewel21
  • Start Topic

On 5/12/2020 at 6:13 PM, Andyourlittledog2 said:

The whole impact statement storyline pisses me off. Somehow it has gotten into the media that giving an impact statement is the way those who are impacted by crime must participate in order to prove they are stronger etc. That's bullshit. I was the victim or a very violent crime last year and was offered the chance to do an impact statement. Once the DA assured me that the sentence would not be affected by it (long story) I said no. To me, for me, I had no desire to tell that asshole how he affected me.  I was not going to talk about my pain, my emotions, my difficulties, for that man to hear. He didn't care or he wouldn't have done it in the first place and I felt he had no business knowing anything at all about me or my thoughts. That was me taking power over what I shared, over my very self.  He did what he did. He wasn't going to have any more of me. Having someone brow beat me into doing that statement would not have gone over well with me at all. And when I hear Maddie just hound her coworker into making a statement he doesn't want to do it infuriates me. Leave him alone!

The rest of the episode?  I could have done without a trainwreck. I like the smaller stories.

So sorry for the incident in your life and glad you have come to terms as best you can.   I never saw it through your eyes before, but it makes perfect sense to me.     It was not a car accident, it was a deliberate act of terror, apparently.  It should be YOUR choice about the impact statement, and some people might get some benefit from it, different for everyone.  Especially, if it does not affect the punishment.   Good for you.......moving forward is important too and can be done in many ways.  Good luck

• Love 2

Did anyone else think they were totally setting up some future storyline where Not Chris Watts comes back after a jail break and takes Bryan Safi and Maddie hostage? I really wouldn't put it past him. Not Chris Watts is too good of an actor to waste on just two guest appearances. I can see him having the story arc like Pablo Schreiber did in L&I: SVU.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1

Well I thought that was a waste of a Connie Britton appearance (I liked her in her season).  Agreed she should have let Buck know she was engaged to someone.   But Buck, come on, 2 years of nothing? Hopefully he can move on next season and get a decent love interest, long overdue.

• Love 3